season opener at jamestown speedway

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by mrdinh, May 8, 2005.

1. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    another try at panning...what do you think this time?...i tried with the vr but it messed up the shots..the vr needs to kick in before you can shoot, thus...tried it and turn it off..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/img]

2. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    joe, what do you think?...getting better??

3. Are you kidding? I'm going to start asking you for tips. Not only does the panning look great but you did it at night using high iso. Sweet!

My favorite by far is #3. Great focus, saturation, lots of action. Can you provide some details on how you were able to get this shot?

I did a little practicing myself over the weekend. Here's one from the Supercross finals in Vegas. Ricky Carmichael:
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

_/oe

4. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    joe, cool shot...i'm trying to get into motocross too...car racing is getting a bit boring...

joe, #3 is any special method..same as all my other shots...just locked on focus to one particular car, and follow it until i feel the spot to push the shutter release...i think settings were1/125 at f8 or so...

glad you think its better...hopefully this sat th races can finish...its been raining, snowing and darn cold lately...hopefully sun is comin soon

5. You really have your panning technique down to a science. Well taken images, congratulations.

6. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    These images are good. We used to have a dirt track about 10 miles from my house, but they no longer race there. I wish they did, because I'd like to try this for myself. I am sure it's not as easy as you made it look.