Season review thus far *1 image added*

I have been blessed this year with my photography. As a result of the econmic conditions, I have more down time with my full time career (construction). When I was able between job starts I tried to get out as much as possible and improve my skills as a photographer.

Luck has been on my side many times this year and I was able to capture some very rare subjects for the Missouri area. I wish I had more work lined up, but am grateful for what I have and for the chances I got due to slow times.

The following is a shot from each month starting in January. It was hard for me to pick out the best ones...I like to keep too many images! I hope you enjoy these and my wishes for everyone to make the most of what your presented in life.

#1 January, Bald Eagle in Clarksville Mo. Temp did not get above 2 degrees the entire day. I was there from Sunrise to Sunset.
8713_M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Feb., Snowy Owl, North-west Missouri.
0592_33_M.jpg

#3 March, Great Horned Owl + Owlets, Central Missouri
2475_25_M.jpg

#4 April, Coopers Hawk, East-central Missouri
2937_33_C.jpg

#5 May, Blue Grosbeak, East-central Missouri
4952_33_M.jpg

This pic was added. Another May capture...a first for me of this species.

Scissor-tail Flycatcher, East-central Missouri
5435_50_M.jpg

#6 June, Painted Bunting, Central Missouri
8693_25_C.jpg

#7 July, Black-necked Stilt, Western Illinois/Mississippi Flood plain, just over the border
9646_33_C.jpg

All images taken with a D300, 600VR, at times a 1.4tc, others a 1.7tc.

I can only hope that the rest of my year continues as the first half did (photography wise). Wonderful subjects to photograph, at times with great friends at my side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally don't care for bird photography, but DAMN! Incredible captures, esp. the 1st. I can hardly believe the lovely bokeh and sharpness......

Jason, while I am sorry for the downturn as there are many folks suffering, it is great to see you can take advantage of the time off. Your images are absolutely stunning and your subjects are as well. Keep up the great work and enjoy your passion as you have a real talent that not many can match.

Great series, and think, you have time for more! Well, I sort of hope not :wink:

You mention that some are rare for your area, which are they?

I normally don't care for bird photography, but DAMN! Incredible captures, esp. the 1st. I can hardly believe the lovely bokeh and sharpness......

Thanks for the reply...glad you enjoyed the bird pictures:smile:

Great images Jason keep them comming
=============================

www.micclarkphotography.co.uk

I will try, thanks for the reply.

Very well done Jason.

Thanks Louis, appreciate it.

well done sir. glad too see that lens paying off. amazing shots.

The 600 indeed was a great addition to my line up. On the little birds it really helped me out alot.

Jason, while I am sorry for the downturn as there are many folks suffering, it is great to see you can take advantage of the time off. Your images are absolutely stunning and your subjects are as well. Keep up the great work and enjoy your passion as you have a real talent that not many can match.

Thank you for the very kind words Jim. Coming from you, I am humbled to say the least. Thanks...

Excellent set Jason!
Very well done!

Thanks for the reply Alex.

Nice series Jason!

Thanks Anthony.

beautiful work Jason
the eagle and owls are exceptional

Eagles are just plain awesome to photograph. Owls REALLY are something to photograph, they are among my favorite species to go after.

Thanks for the reply.

Great series, and think, you have time for more! Well, I sort of hope not :wink:

You mention that some are rare for your area, which are they?

Thanks Bill, the rare ones in our area from this series are the Snowy Owl (very rare this far south), Painted Bunting (very rare this far north in Missouri), and the Black-necked Stilts, quite uncommon for these to be around here. The Blue Grosbeak though not rare in these parts, is somewhat uncommon and hard to get good views of. I lucked out and was in the right spot on the right day for this Male. They stayed in the yard for about 4 weeks or so and moved on. One species I did not include in this review was the Scissor-tail Flycatcher. That species is quite uncommon this far north and east. To be honest, I forgot about it until this post! It should have been included for sure...I may add it now that I think about it.:wink:

You have came a long way in a very short time Jason and I expect things will only get better from here on out.Folks Jason has found species in our area that are not real common and has shared his good fortune of hot spots with me and Commodorefirst so we could also get some nice birdie shots.I always look forward to our time in the field shooting birds and when I can bring home so keepers it is a little plus,but the best part of the day is being out with good friends.Great series of shots here Jason and I will be looking forward to our next outing:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom