Seasons

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Bob Coutant, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    For us, crocuses signal the beginning of Spring and the end of Summer much more reliably than any meteorologist could do. These Fall crocuses bloomed last week, so, be advised -- Summer is past.

DSC_0782sm.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful image.
    Really like this alot.
    Crocus are really pretty flowers.

3. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Gale -- The ones in Spring make me feel good, but the Fall crocuses bloom at about the same time that the hummers and other birds and monarchs pack up and head your way. Say hello to them for me.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice picture, Bob. Hardly seems like autumn should be arriving here in the South...we are still in 90+degree temps. I'm looking forward to a cool down though...for myself as well as for my garden. It's supposed to be a fall garden...looks like it may be a second summer garden... :confused:

Thanks for sharing a lovely shot..and for the hope that cooler temps might be just around the corner!

5. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Leigh -- we were supposed to get a "cold" front today, but the temperature and RH are both in the high 80's. I'll just have faith in what the flowers are trying to tell me.