Second Falls

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by CliffB, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Here are a couple of views of Second Falls, which is located in the Pisgah National Forest, along the Blue Ridge Parkway, in North Carolina. You can get a very nice view of this waterfall, directly from the Parkway. However, these shots were taken at the falls, which is only about a 2/10 mile walk.

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I especially like the second one, Cliff -- the transition from hazy uncertainty at the top to clear definition at the bottom adds to the feeling of depth. There is also a slight transition in color balance from top to bottom -- just as you'd expect it to be.

3. Thatnk you, Bob. About 10 minutes after I took that second shot, that "hazy" turned into a total whiteout fog.