Second Wedding Ever

I second shot a wedding for a friend about a month ago. This is only the 2nd wedding (of hopefully many more) I've ever done. These are a few of the ones I was pretty happy with. Let me know what you think!

_DSC0059.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC0046.jpg

_DSC0114.jpg

_DSC0104.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0059.jpg
    _DSC0059.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 49
  • _DSC0104.jpg
    _DSC0104.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 56
  • _DSC0059.jpg
    _DSC0059.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
  • _DSC0104.jpg
    _DSC0104.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 50
1: The decoration in the tree seem to be growing out of his head.
2: The guy in the red ty is distracing.
3: Has an over exposed background.

Some serious photoshopping needs to be done.

#2 great moment capture, but it's too bad the officiant is right behind them in the photo.

not bad, you need to work on your processing

agreed,

work a little more on your framing and angles. make sure your images are cropped right and not tilted.

for weddings i would work towards a processing technique that can look tasteful and help the images pop but not make the viewer feel that they are seeing something they saw with their own eyes. the images look almost stragiht ouf of the camera and you want the images to have a memorable look to them.

add some contrast, play with different tighter crops, maybe try a nice tonal B&W conversion etc.

Are the first two dark looking because of the d200 and not being able to push the ISO? Maybe it's my mac? I turned up the brightness but they just don't look bright enough to me. maybe it's just me. maybe bright is not the right word.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
The images are nice, but I'll be honest, when I saw the #1, the first thing I thought was, "What the heck do they have on their heads??" Then I realized that the white ribbons were the decorations that were tied to the tree branches. And for me, those ribbons and tree branches are distracting.

#2 - The best, IMO, however, the minister needs to be edited out of the photo.

#3 - On the lower part of the brides dress and on the grooms pants and bottom of his jacket; where are those colors coming from? It looks like blue and magenta circles.

#4 - It's okay; maybe a bit of cropping from the top??

I also think some PP is needed; perhaps some contrast and brightening to provide some pop...

Number your images is my first critique. Image number 3...you lost a lot of detail...the whites are blown out. Not bad...but I agree...work on your processing.

Good start jmc. Just remember, our jobs as photographers is to do things the normal guy can't. And to do it well.

Try shooing from angles that most people wouldn't have thought to do. Crouch low, stand high, tilt, etc.

Different perspectives, light, and proper exposure are what make our images different from the average Joe.

Keep up the good work!

Latest threads

Top Bottom