Sedona, Arizona ROCKS!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 27, 2005.

1. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

2. I am glad you took these even tho you don't care for lanscapes. They are all very nice. Thnxs for sharing.

3. Hey Frank -

These are wonderful. You must have really been close on some of them; I was there last year (closer to middle of the day) and the lighting was much more harsh -- your pics really show the area well!

4. Verynice Frank will be headign there this fall I hope so lookign forward to seeign this beautiful part of the country

5. Beautiful images Frank. Its been awhile since I was in Sedona but you have brought back the memories. Nicely done.

6. Who would have ever thought rocks could be so beautiful. Nice shots Frank!! :D :D :D :D

7. Thanks, David! The light during the day was very harsh, but I stumbled onto the scenes during that magic period of Golden Hour. I think landscaping takes a lot of patience... which is why I'm not good at it.

8. Thanks, Gordon! Any chance you'd be able to identify those rocks? I know one of them is Cathedral Rock, and another is Courthouse Rock, but I don't know which of them is which.

9. They are pretty, aren't they? Thanks, Dawg 8).

10. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Great looking picture Frank. :)
    I placed phone calls to everyone I knew trying to
    get moved to AZ for the landscapes, sun,
    golf...instead they send me to Idaho.

11. I am lucky if I can remember the rocks in my own town let a lone in Sedona. I know in Bryce Canyon they name all the major formations but do you think I can remember any of them - - - NOOOO.

12. You're not going to suffer from a lack of photo-ops in Idaho, Todd. It's beautiful, scenic, and pristine. And the fishing is wonderful :).

13. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Nice shots Frank. all are good but the second one is my favorite. the color, light and composition. Beautiful.

14. Great shots UF, a lovely part of the USofA, I have seen it twice and was equally impressed the second time

15. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Terrific shots, great color.

What was your White Balance set for?
    Did you use a polarizer on some?

16. I'm flattered beyond words, Craig. That's the first time a landscaper has ever complimented one of my landscapes 8).

17. Re: Terrific shots, great color.

WB @ Auto -2
    Circular Polarizer

18. I think I've seen these images on dpreview. Did you post them there as well?

At any rate - Nice images! I enjoy shooting landscapes when I get the chance to get out of the city.

19. a perfect example of how the time of day makes the picture. The first two and the last one definitly stand out. The middle shots are just ok, I think they would be much greater in late day/sunset or morning. But hey, you have to work with what you've got. There's been many times where I wish I could have taken a certain shot at a differnt time, but just couldn't :(
    Nice shots.