Sedona, AZ

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by lr1811, Jun 16, 2007.

1. I am flying into Phoenix Monday morning and I'll have all day Monday to take some photos. I am thinking about heading north to Sedona.

I probably wouldn't arrive in Sedona until around 11am or so.

Any suggestions for a quick day trip? Maybe someone in the area would like to meet to shoot with me? Lunch would be on me!

Thanks!

2. Brian, I've been several times, just a tip if you don't mind....the sun is so harsh, use a polarizer, and maybe carry some graduated grays, +2 or more...., half the shots are wonderful in morning, the other half in afternoon, and there is no way around it unless it's real cloudy...have fun

3. mr2monster

mr2monster

Jun 29, 2007
    Arizona
    And bring sunscreen... The lighting is REALLY harsh during the middle of the day here, but there is definitely lots to photograph in Sedona if you're into nature and wildlife... (people too, just not formal).

Oh yeah, lots of water as well.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    And wear a hat! I might be going to Sedona this weekend, depending on the GF and kids. I'd love to meet up with you on Monday Brian, but I have to be back in the Valley for, you know... work. :(

And I agree with what Ditto says - filters will be your friends!