Sedona Pano

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by HHARRIS, May 13, 2007.

1. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    [​IMG]

This is my second pano I have ever done. The first was of my office at home. This was in Sedona Arizona. The clouds were rolling in real fast so I had to pack it up shortly after this shot. It's 11 shots alltogether. The dark spot in the lower left corner is a cloud shadow. Let me know what you think.

HHARRIS
    :)

Oh yea sorry its kinda small....

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2007
  2. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    I don't know how much information in this shot, but have you considered cropping some of the bottom? It would eliminate some of the dark caused by the cloud shadow and some of the bright center to right stuff that I find a little distracting.

For a second attempt, I think you've done a very nice job!

3. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I shoot a lot of panoramas and I must say yours is VERY NICELY DONE !

Regards

RFC

4. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    Thanks to all for your input!
    murreywalker I will try cropping the bottom tonight and see how it looks.
    I like the look of the photo the way it is but I find myself explaining the dark spot to people before they ask questions. Its weird I know!

HHARRIS
    :)

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Looks beautiful just like it is.
    Very well done

6. Hugh, that's a very nice pano! It's well balanced, love the clouds, no haze. You can always lighten up the cloud's shadow a bit so it doesn't pull the eye so much.
    All in all, great job!

7. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    lovely, the cloud shadow is distracting but that`s the price you pay for having a much more interesting sky, you could cut it a little bit but it still works as is imho

kris

8. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Awesome shot.

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice job. I think composing panos is really difficult. But you did well here, the sweeping lines lead the viewer's eye through the frame from left to right. I might agree that lightening the left corner with Shadow/Highlights a bit couldn't hurt, as well as maybe adding a bit of burning or vignetting to the right corner to "balance" it. I think the crop works as-is, though.

10. Very nice. I like the bottom part. The rock surface running along the bottom anchors the shot for me.

Dave