Sedona shots

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by manzico, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Hey all, just got back from a trip to the Sedona Jazz Festival. Not many opportunities for shooting, but I did get out for about an hour on Friday. I made a bee line for a particular spot. I've been dying to do more shooting there. I took my first shot of the area last year:

original.

This may have been my first IR shot ever (I'll have to check the EXIFs for that later) anyway, I loved the shot, but the buttes in the background are a little washed out. No HDR back then and the exposure was certainly challanging. Give the long exposure times for IR shots and the variability of the wind, HDR might not help anyway. Despite the dynamic range issues, I love the shot, but I've always wanted to see what else I could do, take advantage of different lighting for example. On my return trip this past week I had my chance here are two versions (b&w and sepia) of my latest effort:

original.

original.

I may play some more with the composition on my next trip to see what else I can do with it, but I'm definitely happy with these results. What do you think, any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Dave