Sedona Vortex in Infrared

Real Name
Chris
HIE batch 0251, expired on 11/2009. Developed for 7 minutes in HC110b at 20.0°C, in a small tank with 2 inversions every half minute. Shot with a 'Made in Canada' Summicron 50mm. Exposed using 'sunny 16' through a B+W 091 MRC filter (equivalent to a Wratten 29.) Probably around f/8 for 1/250 second, or so.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
Here are some people waiting to enter the Vortex and be transported to ... I dunno, the Pleiades or somewhere. I don't really know how the Vortex works.

Oh, and there's a dark horse watching:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

same film/camera/exposure as above

I really like the last one Chris, I still fancy grain and it has a kind of dreamlike feeling. Both reminds me about and could be stills from the series Westworld.

What a great first post and pictures to see here after a long time off the Café!

Real Name
Chris
I really like the last one Chris, I still fancy grain and it has a kind of dreamlike feeling. Both reminds me about and could be stills from the series Westworld.

What a great first post and pictures to see here after a long time off the Café!
Thanks Fredrick! Of course it's good to be back, now that I have a bit more time, I hope to hang around for a while. I wish I had gotten better focus on this, but the shooting was pretty fast, so I was guessing both the distance and exposure prior to shooting. As it's been a while, I hope to get back into it quickly. This is a different M4-P and lenses than I had before, so I need to do some recalibration. I'm also looking into changing up my scanning technique. The aliased grain strikes me as a bit too much.

Real Name
Chris
I really enjoyed seeing these! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!
Thank you Terri! This was really my first outing with a rangefinder film camera in some time. I wend out again yesterday, and I plan to go again tomorrow. I'm sure I have more fun shooting than the pictures show, but ... well it's a gas for sure!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom