Sedona Vortex in Infrared

Real Name
Chris
HIE batch 0251, expired on 11/2009. Developed for 7 minutes in HC110b at 20.0°C, in a small tank with 2 inversions every half minute. Shot with a 'Made in Canada' Summicron 50mm. Exposed using 'sunny 16' through a B+W 091 MRC filter (equivalent to a Wratten 29.) Probably around f/8 for 1/250 second, or so.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are some people waiting to enter the Vortex and be transported to ... I dunno, the Pleiades or somewhere. I don't really know how the Vortex works.

Oh, and there's a dark horse watching:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

same film/camera/exposure as above

I really like the last one Chris, I still fancy grain and it has a kind of dreamlike feeling. Both reminds me about and could be stills from the series Westworld.

What a great first post and pictures to see here after a long time off the Café!

Real Name
Chris
I really like the last one Chris, I still fancy grain and it has a kind of dreamlike feeling. Both reminds me about and could be stills from the series Westworld.

What a great first post and pictures to see here after a long time off the Café!
Thanks Fredrick! Of course it's good to be back, now that I have a bit more time, I hope to hang around for a while. I wish I had gotten better focus on this, but the shooting was pretty fast, so I was guessing both the distance and exposure prior to shooting. As it's been a while, I hope to get back into it quickly. This is a different M4-P and lenses than I had before, so I need to do some recalibration. I'm also looking into changing up my scanning technique. The aliased grain strikes me as a bit too much.

Real Name
Chris
I really enjoyed seeing these! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!
Thank you Terri! This was really my first outing with a rangefinder film camera in some time. I wend out again yesterday, and I plan to go again tomorrow. I'm sure I have more fun shooting than the pictures show, but ... well it's a gas for sure!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom