See Red Pixels in CC that aren't there in CS6

I've recently upgraded to CC. I was processing a D800 NEF file and when I bring it from ACR into PS there are red pixels that look like some type of gamut or clipping warning. If I bring the same file into CS6 I don't see the red pixels and when I output the image to a jpg or tiff they aren't there either. I assume they are some type of warning. Any ideas what this is and how to toggle it on and off? Thanks.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Perhaps you have View/Gamut warning turned on.

Find out‑of‑gamut colors
  1. Choose View > Proof Setup, then choose the proof profile on which you want to base the gamut warning.
  2. Choose View > Gamut Warning.
All pixels outside the gamut of the current proof profile space are highlighted in gray.

Change the gamut warning color
  1. Do one of the following:
    • (Windows) Choose Edit > Preferences > Transparency & Gamut.
    • (Mac OS) Choose Photoshop > Preferences > Transparency & Gamut.
  2. Under Gamut Warning, click the color box to display the Color Picker. Then choose a new warning color, and click OK.
    For best results, use a color that is not already present in the image.

3. Enter a value in the Opacity box, then click OK.
    Use this option to reveal more or less of the underlying image through the warning color. Values can range from 1 % to 100%.

Actually the pilot is thicker. It seems the gamut warning are removing the appearance of the effect, it's still there. Further investigation found that if I turn off the graphics accelerator (or use the 32 bit version) all is OK. I'll need to look into the drivers.

All the image processors/editors I use (Lightroom,Photoshop CC,Capture One 7) use the features of the graphics card extensively. And these are constantly being updated. Keeping the graphics card drivers current is important to good performance.

Well my driver is current, but PS CC is using different calls from CS6 and it seems there's a bug in the ATI driver at the moment. So I set the graphics accelerator to BASIC (so it use the CPU for more operations) and all is OK now.

Latest threads

Top Bottom