Seeing RED !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Classic_Man, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Right now I'm angry 'cos of a (intentional) mix-up by a US seller who sent me the wrong lens (should have been a Noct)...& in the meantime sold the lens to another person...

...this vendor is dragging his feet when it comes to refund & DHL return costs...:mad:

These images sum up how I feel::Curved:

AiS 28mmf2 wide open at 1/4000s at ISO400:

Well not only red...:tongue:

...but anyway:
    View attachment 20436

I like the diagonal composition in this one:
    View attachment 20437

Sometimes you can control lighting holding leaves/branches, acting as "barndoors"; channelling the light where you want it:
    View attachment 20438

My 40 year old Kowa 55mm f1.0 (1:1) fixed aperture, fixed focus lens got pressed into use, just before it started to rain:
    View attachment 20439

The sky didn't remain deep blue, but still provided a suitable OOF background with the Ai 105mmf2.5 I have on loan:
    View attachment 20440

Ahh well...seeing red is not always that bad after all :biggrin:

2. Beautiful red, and very interesting composition and perspective! Great stuff.

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Image 2 is my favorite!

4. I like the diagonal in that one

I like the way the colors are split in a diagonal line.

I believe that a tripod helps alot in such situations: not only for stability (& sharpness), but also as an aid to composition.

Being part of this forum is the other part :tongue:

Seriously: in the very little time I've been a member of Nikoncafe (thanks again Andreas), I've made new friends, learnt alot, & am delighted to perceive a genuine "warmth", as opposed to the mud-slinging contests that dominate other places.

Thanks all of you :smile:

5. I love the last one, great contrast of colors.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee

Nov 27, 2005
    Alabama
    Dig those reds my man. I have Cherokee heritage after all - AND I am an Aires!
    Robert