Seeking Absolution....IR

One from Mexico City at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

shot with modded D70S, Thanks for looking.

Hi Craig,

What is involved in the modification of the camera (or I guess the sensor in the camera) - I assume that this is something carried out by a third party...

BTW I love the IR stuff you have posted - keep them coming!

Best regards
sconti

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Craig,

What is involved in the modification of the camera (or I guess the sensor in the camera) - I assume that this is something carried out by a third party...

BTW I love the IR stuff you have posted - keep them coming!

Best regards
sconti
Howdy Sconti,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I had my Nikon D70S modified by LifePixel. I had been shooting a Sony 717, with an R72, and a ND8 filter for IR. It had me hooked so when the right time came I bought the D70S and sent it immediately to LifePixel for the modding.

Here's their link and it shows how they do it.

http://www.lifepixel.com/index.html

I am not sure who's doing Mods across the "Pond" I know there are several folks in Austraila that do it, you might look around or give shooting with a screw on R72 or similar IR filter to see if you like the results. The only thing with shooting with a screw on filter is the increased Shutter time, but sometimes it actually enhances the images.

Hi Craig,

Many thanks for the information - I'll have a good look at lifepixel. Look forward to more IR images...

Best

sconti

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom