Seeking ideas from chess players about photos to make

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
You might well enjoy watching The Queen's Gambit, a 7 part series on Netflix in 2020, developed from the 1983 book by Walter Tevis. It is all about a young female chess prodigy and will teach you something about chess and some other things.
I expect you know that the Queen's Gambit is one of the most popular openings in chess, so you might want to feature a board a few moves into that gambit.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I just now noticed a mistake in the game set. The box calls it a chess and checkers (plural) set. The pamphlet calls it a chess and checker (singular) set. Interesting, huh!
I don't think it is necessarily a mistake.
The games are called chess and checkers so the box is correct.
A chess set is a set of chess pieces.
A checker set is a set of checker pieces.
A chess and checker set combines both the above.
We avoid the problem as we don't call it checkers we call it draughts.

The queen gambit is a pretty good show.
The last game is truly great and is from chess history. The first part of the game is a famous game that originally fought to a draw. The tv series changed the endgame with some brilliant moves. They had really good advisors. Really good game. Each player was playing on a razors edge, the obvious moves would have often developed into a quick checkmate. Either player could win, until her great move King to d2. Wow, I didn’t see it. Good show, great last game!
gary

I used to play a lot of chess and got to county standard (UK) for under around 16 yrs old or there abouts. A very absorbing mind game pitting your brain against an opponent. Not just the next move but even 3 or 4 moves ahead and working out a defence or attack.
There are many different ways pieces are carved to represent the pieces, so getting a photo of the more exotic ones would be an idea
the quickest checkmate is the "fools" checkmate made in a few moves

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom