1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Seems like all Nikon stuff is going for a premium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BourbonCowboy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. I bid on a Nikon Zippo (unused) a few weeks ago. Never though it woulda brought this much cabbage...

2. Wow.

I can't remember the lighter, but Nikon used to give stuff like that away as part of sales programs to employees of dealers. The NASA thing looked familiar, I've got a Nikon jacket with the same shuttle logo on a sleeve-patch. I've got a Nikon thermometer too - nice for the wall :) 

3. captaincarl777

captaincarl777

Jan 19, 2009
    NJ
    o_O 

Like I said in another post recently, I wish the used prices would regain some kind of sanity. For instance, D200s were going for $599 new a month or 2 ago, and the used prices (even on keh) are $700+. What the frack?

4. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri

Zippo the name wasn't registering at first. LOL!! I thought for sure when I clicked on the link you were looking to buy another camera bag.:biggrin:

5. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah that was a sweet deal on those D200's. :biggrin:

6. I'm betting it was more of a NASA freak that bought it than a camera geek - although its not unheard of for a camera geek to spend too much on stuff either :p 

7. Not related to the D200s, but this is a chance to say how esctatic I still am to have found a 24-70 six weeks ago used for $1275. :biggrin: - ever so slight hairline crack at the edge of the filter threads. Filters go on fine and the lens works perfectly.

I'd hope it's a collector of high end Zippos, not a nutty fanboy from DPreview. :tongue:

8. Joves

Joves

Feb 10, 2009
    Nowhereland
    Alot of the special Zippos go high as it is but, now I wondering what I can get for my Nikon pen. It writes really good and, has no noise at all in any speed.

9. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    What was your high bid, $5?

10. I actually gave away a Zippo lighter the Nikon rep gave me years ago. It had a large Nikon logo on it, not a NASA/Nikon one like this. I didn't smoke so I didn't need it.

11. TommyO

TommyO

Oct 16, 2008
    West Michigan
    Ya know, I noticed that all the stuff with a Lamborghini logo on them run a high price, too. Birds of a feather .... :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.