1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Self Portrait. Don't take your guns to town. - new photo added

Discussion in 'People' started by staceylynn, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I've been out of the swing of self portraits for a while. I prefer "darker" more artsy ones - but I got bored today. Yes, the tattoos are real and yes, that is a camera tattoo. Obsessed much? :wink:

JC_1.

heylittlesister.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I love your background what is that? You're a pretty girl Stacey.

3. stacey
    you are hysterical
    oh.... and very pretty, as seneca said

but...
    i hope you know that THIS portrait makes you look like a RED MEAT EATER
    so... this vegetarian deal.... might be a bit of a PHASE for you and your husband.. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

4. Aww, thanks. The background is edited in...they are only textures. I took it against a white backdrop.

Haha, well this is usually my normal look, only I don't always have the hawk (as you can see in my icon). My goodness, I really do miss meat...I'm a country girl...but until I find some locally and the season is right (slaughter only usually happens in the Spring and Fall and you have to buy 1/2 a cow or what have you) then it's all vegetarian. :tongue: I do miss my red meat, though. Hehe.

5. ps) How about trying this as your new hair style? :wink:

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Haha...I don't think that would look good on me. :biggrin:

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very cool portrait Stacey! Love the textures and especially LOVE the punky 'tude - nice job!

8. Alan.Tran

Alan.Tran

Jun 5, 2008
    California
    I wish my hair could do that :( 

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Nice self portrait.

10. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Very nice!

11. You guys are great. Thank you! :) 

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh man! You's a wild girl!

13. Not as wild as your icon portrays you, as! :tongue: Haha.

14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    What are your tatoos and when did you get them?

15. I have a camera on my top left shoulder that I got 3 years ago. Below that is a skull with a rose in it's mouth, on the back is a dagger with Mom and Dad through it in ribbons. Underneath is an anatomical heart with a keyhole and I have the key to it on my right wrist, with a phoenix wrapping around it onto my lower arm. :)  I got the phoenix 2 years ago and the others besides the camera 2 1/2 years ago.

16. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Great images. You must do us a tutorial on how you edited in theat background - it's great!

17. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    wow.... I wish I could take self-portraits like that. They rock, literally.

18. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Ooooh la la! I'm diggin' that 2nd one. :smile:

19. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Great shot! You're gorgeous!!

20. Incredible self portraits, your gorgeous!! But I'm old fashioned no disrespect meant but I can never understand why something beautiful covers up that beauty with Ink, I'm sure you have your reasons I just think it takes away from the beauty you were blessed with, the first thing I looked at was the ink, then you and as I said I'm old fashioned and I always loved your Avatar as well as Seneca's ( very pretty).

OK I'll shut up now, my ears are ringing.:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.