1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Self Portrait....inspired by Stu and Drew

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by sonyam, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Those two are so creative, and inspiring. I know it's not nearly as good as their portraits, but there's only so much I can do with a remote, LOL!

2760052097_94aa54d74c_b.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  2. Like this a lot Sonya.... it has a very monochrome feel to it.. works well.

Sultry indeed!

G :cool: 

3. Wow....your husband is going to love putting that on his desk :biggrin:

Very nicely done, especially for a self portrait..wow!

Oh yeah, the colors are absolutely amazing....I love whatever PP you did to this!

4. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    I agree "WOW". Very nice shot, i like the way you processed it.

5. I'm not familiar with Dru or Stew (I'm new here), but I think this is a fantastic self-portrait!

The pose is natural, and comfortable. It leads my eyes right where they should go.

I think your subtle use of selective coloring works well for this shot. Nicely done!

Thanks for sharing :) 

6. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I'm going to take bets that this will get 1000 views and 200 replies, anyone on for $5 ?

Nice shot though, a very 30's feel to it enhanced by the PP, my only niggle is that it does look like you are concentrating in the remote and not on the 'look'

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Your really gorgeous :) 

The photo is also wonderful :) 

8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Yes, WOW! The blacks and off-white/gray work very well into the overall shot!

9. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Wow - just wow :smile:

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Sonya...oh my gosh...you are just beautiful! Ok I'm jealous...I will have to do this too. But I don't think I can post...I'd be too afraid. Again you are just simply stunning lady! Perhaps we can get a Lady's Calendar and call it the "The Nikon Cafe Ladies"...hahaha. Ok I have April since that's my birthday!

11. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Awwwh, come on Seneca go ahead Pose & Post, Nikon Cafe' could have a new forum... "Battle of the Babes":wink:

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    :biggrin:

I like that name...or how about NikonCafe Babes for the calendar? :biggrin:

13. Sounds like a great idea!

Let's just not ask for a NikonCafe Firemen's Calendar from all the guys!

14. Sonya.....
    YOU DID IT
    and it is awesome
    the look and feel are fantastic

it was nice of you to let us "CONVINCE" you to do such a shot
    well done

15. now, seneca...
    yours would be just as awesome
    please

16. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Seeca, how about another formum for Cafers with a firearms & foot fetish... could be called GUNS 'N TOESES

17. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Heyyy...now that's a thought.

18. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

Hey a NikonCafe for Dudes too. But in all seriousness we should do a calendar for the best images. I would buy it.

But back to the OP...so did you take this or did hubby?

19. Sonya, no question you are lovely and this shot proves it. I don't know how you can take a self portrait and be successful at it. I fail miserably every time I try. There are a few items in the background that could be better but all in all a very nice shot. The porcelain look of your skin set this off nicely.

20. dan1son

dan1son

Sep 24, 2007
    Austin
    I'm with Gordon on this one... my self portraits are so bad I have a picture of a camera as my avatar. :tongue:

Wonderful shot... and Wow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.