1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sell the D200 and buy a D80

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Colyn, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Colyn

Colyn

May 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Because of a hand injury suffered several years ago I have difficulty carrying my D200 for very long because of its weight.:frown: :frown:

Since the D80 had the same basic number of MP as the D200 what would be a good price to pay for a good condition D80 with battery and charger?? I already have several lens so don't need a lens..

I know the D200 and D80 use the same battery but when I sell the D200 I'll have to include a battery (I have 3) and charger..

2. I would check out sales of D80's on eBay. How much do you want for the D200?

3. bobcool

bobcool

Jul 27, 2008
    Fort Worth, TX
    I sold my D80 a month ago on eBay and someone snagged it in three days with a $650 Buy It Now price - I've seen some go cheaper and some go for more. Good luck finding one - it's a great camera...

4. Colyn

Colyn

May 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I've been watching eBay but most include lens etc or are refurbs from the gray market sellers with terrible feedback. I'm looking to buy the body with Nikon brand (not off brand) battery and charger. And maybe a card..

I haven't decided what to sell for yet but will sell the body, battery, charger, box, instructions, USB cable, and 2- 4GB CF cards.

5. It may not be big deal, but the D80 uses SD cards. Something to consider.

6. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Cameta Camera sells Nikon "factory demos" through auction on ebay. Type in "d80 1yr" in the search bar and you will find them all. They have been selling for $565 - $585 with a one-year warranty from Cameta. I understand from someone at Cameta and from postings on this forum that the first 90 days of that warranty is from Nikon. Cameta claims that these cameras are not returns from consumers.

When I posted an inquiry about Cameta here, people gave very good feedback about the "factory demos" and the company.

7. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    I just picked up a used D80 body on ebay for $550 shipped.. :biggrin:

8. Why not just offering the D200 for trade to D80 (and some cash)? I'm sure plenty of people in this forum would be interested.

9. atl10a

atl10a

Apr 26, 2008
    Coram, NY
    That sounds like a good idea.
    I could be interested in that trade.

10. Might also consider a D40 or D60 - even lighter than the D80 and a pretty competent camera - just not as much control as the D80. Also be aware that there's a strong rumor going that the D80 will soon be upgraded (D90?) which might either provide a choice you like better, and will likely lower the used prices of the D80.

11. Colyn

Colyn

May 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I have several 4 and 8GB SD cards that I can use.

12. Colyn

Colyn

May 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I have already found a like new D80 locally so all that is left to do is determine what I''l be selling the D200 for.

I'll have to decide what all I'll be including..

13. fishnfst

fishnfst

Dec 11, 2007
    ca
    I currently have both bodies.. The d200 I just purchased as an upgrade to my d80.. I wanted the extra couple of fps for motorsport and sport shooting..

It seems that both cameras are very very similar in controls and IQ.. Price wise they weren't much different from eachother.. My 1 year old d80 is going to a local buyer for $450 with 3 2gb sd cards battery and charger. It has approx 17,000actuations.. The d200 I purchased with 11,000 actuations, battery grip, 2 batteries and charger with all the boxes and paperwork for $700... I'm selling the battery grip off my d80 with 2 batteries for $100 to another local buyer.. SO the whole upgrade is only costing me $150 out of pocket expense..

I got a great price on the d200 but it seems like the prices are dropping every month just about out here... I looked at another one about a week ago on craigslist from a local real estate agent with 18-200vr and no battery grip for $1100....

You're going to love the d80.. It is noticeably lighter than the d200...

14. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Look at keh also, thats where I got my D2x off.

Jon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.