Sellers on eBay.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Mar 21, 2005.

1. I have been giving some considerable thought to replicating my butterfly wing scale work with the D2H and the D70. I worked out what I needed and the bellows PB6 or PB5 was first up for consideration. So off I went on Sunday on to eBay and found both. One in the USA and one in the UK.
    The USA had a bid of $64 on it and 'Reserve Met' but specified that it was carriage to USA only. So I asked the seller if they would be willing to send it to the UK. No answer. Asked again. No Answer. So I left it. The item sold for under $70. Seller came back AFTER auction finished and said that the answer was NO!!
    So I got my own back by saying that this item sold for between $700 and $870 in the UK and if she had bothered to answer my email in the first instance she would have got a lot more. Ain't I the *******.
    Got the UK one for £165, ($300) Brand New. All I need now is an MC30, Linhof copying stand. A BR2A. A 24mm and a 55mm Micro Nikkor both with 52mm screw threads. A SC28. A small manual flash gun, etc etc. and a new credit card.
    Bw. Bob F.

2. Cappy

Cappy Guest

You go! All is fair in Love, War and bizzines!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Don't forget the ringlight, and a Bencher optical rail/copystand is at least as sturdy as a Linhof at one tenth the price. The screw-in Micros have always interested me - they look like microscope objectives.

4. I ended up with a Kaiser Copying Stand so I am now set up for when I come back from France in July.

Bob F.