Selling all my Nikon gear.

Tonight I felt rather sad as I put my D7200 up for sale. It's a really nice camera BUT: I haven't used it in months.
I've taken a bit of an interest in video and to a degree much of my "shooting style" involves things that are better
captured at at least 30 fps so I can grab stills from them later, like smoke bombs that sometimes burst into flames :) .
I've found that I'm having a lot more fun shooting with my Panasonic GH4 that I picked up for around $250 after buying
a bunch of gear and selling the other bits off.
Even though the recent news about Olympus caught some of us off guard I'm still happy with the E-M5 kit I recently bought
and the 5 axis stabilisation is amazing when you're doing hand-held video - for what I paid for it I'm happy to shoot with
it till it dies and continue using the lenses on a Panasonic body later.

Oh well, it's not about the gear I suppose but maybe one day I'll buy a D7200 body again for $100 when the D7900 is out,
I've always been satisfied with "last year's gear" :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
looks like fun, I’m surprised you can do that in what look like public places without attracting some unwanted attention.
I think when people see cameras they assume some sort of authority :)
Once when I set fire to a sword next to a pathway by the river I wore a high-visibility top so everyone thought it was official :)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tonight I felt rather sad as I put my D7200 up for sale. It's a really nice camera BUT: I haven't used it in months.
I've taken a bit of an interest in video and to a degree much of my "shooting style" involves things that are better
captured at at least 30 fps so I can grab stills from them later, like smoke bombs that sometimes burst into flames :) .
I've found that I'm having a lot more fun shooting with my Panasonic GH4 that I picked up for around $250 after buying
a bunch of gear and selling the other bits off.
Even though the recent news about Olympus caught some of us off guard I'm still happy with the E-M5 kit I recently bought
and the 5 axis stabilisation is amazing when you're doing hand-held video - for what I paid for it I'm happy to shoot with
it till it dies and continue using the lenses on a Panasonic body later.

Oh well, it's not about the gear I suppose but maybe one day I'll buy a D7200 body again for $100 when the D7900 is out,
I've always been satisfied with "last year's gear" :)

I hope you still post here. They are interesting shots and maybe sometime we can win you back to the nikon side!

Like many others I found that DX/APSc and m4:3 are just similar enough that one gets neglected. In my case it was the large Pentax collection and K-5 that had to go, but it brought me a refreshed D600 and a few lenses, and it brought me.. here! (y)

I'll certainly keep posting - though it's a lot less since getting married as usual :)
I still have my old D50 that I will probably keep because it's not worth selling.

Hope to see more of your postings.
The D50 will do some fast flash things that most Nikons won't do.
Yep, like what I call "superspeed" photography. It can trigger an event and photograph it all in 1/4000th sec using the hotshoe :)

I still need to make progress on the 'bursting water balloon in sunlight' project though because I only got 1/125th sec out of that.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom