Selling Prints

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by MaxBarton, Nov 13, 2017.

1. I am in need of recommendations for selling prints. I have a deal with our local semi-pro hockey team to take pictures, and in lieu of payment they are allowing me to sell pictures at the games.

Question to the forum: What are your thoughts on how I should tackle this? I have the payment handled. I would love input on what I should start with. Example: glossy photo prints that can be framed, or something more affordable that kids can get autographed kinda like a poster.

Really stumped on this one since I'll have to invest upfront in prints to sell at the games.

Thanks!

2. I'm not clear on what you are actually trying to sell. Will these be prints of photos you take of fans attending that game? Our MLB team does this with spec shooters located around the stadium. Or are these prints of photos you've taken of the players during previous games or photos sessions?

3. I sell 3 size prints and 2 size downloads
    4x6,5x7 and 8x10
    original and facebook size

4. 82D203BA-FB07-4D0C-ADB9-33FE9731B1D1.
    Thanks for your reply. I'll be selling prints of players during previous games like the one I've uploaded here

5. Max, that's a nice shot. Out of curiosity, do you think there will actually be a market for fans purchasing photos of the Birmingham Bulls players? I only ask because I am a photographer and NHL season ticket holder, but I cannot imagine myself wanting to purchase photos of these players. Perhaps I am mistaken.

6. I don't see much of a market for anything over $10. I think kids or young adults would be the target demographic. Something they could get autographed and not necessarily frame. The owner sold the team in the early 2000's and just brought them back this year. He told me they had a photographer that sold his prints and they sold like crazy. A lot has changed since then, especially the digital age. Figured I'd give it a go since I have that opportunity.

7. Forgot to ask, are you familiar with the Bulls? Most people haven't heard of them.

8. I'm not familiar with the team, but googled them when you posted.

Are you willing to print many 5x7 and 8x10 glossy photos with the hope that folks will purchase them? You would also have to man the booth or hire help to sell during the games. I don't know your market, but I wouldn't see this being viable in my area.

9. website sales is your only chance and that's only as good as fans finding your website so get a PA announcement and have an easy website to remember. Also get some press on facebook. Handing out cards only works for sports like soccer with less fans and a higher % of fans that are related to a player.