1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Semi-palmated plovers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. The beach was cold this morning. Several of the spp were there either eating or trying to keep warm. They will be gone soon.

1. I like this one because everything but the plover is oof
    i-XBQ52vt-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-BsFWXH3-XL.jpg

i-p9M2tGt-XL.jpg

i-P9dPwK6-XL.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Very Nicely done Allan

3. Thanks Darrell. I like to show how delicate the small shorebirds look.

4. What a sweet set Allan, really quite nice poses you caught and I very much like the composition of 1 and 3.

5. Allan - All of images are nice but for me the fourth one just knocks it out of the park! The lighting, detail, and color are really exceptional.

6. Very nicely done with a good low perspective. Even stopped down you can get a killer bg. Send them on down here, it was 87 deg. today at the beach.

7. Excellent set, Allan. Can't get any better isolation than in no.1. Great detail in all.

8. 1 for me to

9. Thanks John. That is th eone that shows the most detail in the sand.

Thanks Bobby. With the 800 and 1.25 tc, 7.1 is wide open. :)  With this combo I do shoot wide open 90% of the time (if not more.)

I am glad you both like 1. I wasn't sure about what others would think of the cut off leg.

10. Amazing images...beautiful light and rendering of the backgrounds.

Glenn

11. Stunning images, Allan. #1 and #4 are other-worldly good!

12. Thanks Glenn and Eric

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.