Senior/kindergarten photo dilema

Hey Photoshop friends! I need some help!!

I did this senior portrait session and the parents gave me a picture of the kid from when he was in kindergarten and asked if I could photoshop it onto one of the pictures somewhere. I am not a huge fan of this idea and feel that it is really cheesy but I want to do it for the clients.

I took these pictures about 6 months ago and I have to admit they are not my best work (I sure have learned lots in school!!). So don't judge the photos :tongue:

Any suggestions? I'm in need of assistance!

I feel that they look misplaced, awkward, creepy, and cheesy!

dsc_0043september%2012%2C%20201030871-edit-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dsc_0309september%2012%2C%20201031137-edit-XL.jpg

dsc_0929september%2012%2C%20201031757-edit-XL.jpg

dsc_0945september%2012%2C%20201031773-edit-XL.jpg

I have an idea in my minds eye which I think will work in this case and one I would try with the first image. That being, a double exposure 'look', keeping the inset image the same color tone as the primary. Also, enlarge the inset so it's a more predominant part of the overall photo, size wise. Even if the original inset photo is small any degradation in image quality due to enlarging it shouldn't affect the quality of the finished image overall since it should have a retrospective, daydream like appearance.

I have an idea in my minds eye which I think will work in this case and one I would try with the first image. That being, a double exposure 'look', keeping the inset image the same color tone as the primary. Also, enlarge the inset so it's a more predominant part of the overall photo, size wise. Even if the original inset photo is small any degradation in image quality due to enlarging it shouldn't affect the quality of the finished image overall since it should have a retrospective, daydream like appearance.

I was kind of thinking about that but didn't know how it would work. I'll try that out now and have a pic up shortly!

Kind of like this??

1255112444_9DdccXg-XL-1.jpg

For the second one, the face, arms, torso, etc. etc. are all so alike!
Little guy: I would take off the backpack and background. Clone in shirt for the shoulder strap. Doesn't have to be perfect. Put on top of big guy's shirt. Opacity down 50-75 to taste. Maybe even shrink the kid to fit in the black shirt.

"There's always a little kid in every man."

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom