Senior Pic - Part Ii - Pic Included

Discussion in 'People' started by Seneca, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    ResizeWizard-BLOME. Ok...well I met with the young man that I was doing a senior photo shoot with, and he was very sweet...and we talked a little bit about what he wanted. So I was happy that he had something in mind.

I think overall I was able to accomplish what he wanted which was to show off his ring and also his letter jacket. I took about 50 pics with about 10 poses...here is one of them. This came right out of my camera today...with just a tad of post processing. I think he still has a lot of red in his face...which was the way he looked. Funny thing is when we finished, his mom said all they wanted was wallets, and about 200 of them.

On a lighter note I kept trying to figure out who he looked like...until today it hit me...Clay Aiken. I have 2 more shoots this week.

Any suggestions

2. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Okay.....I'm going to tear you apart a little here, but please take this in the spirit in which it's intended which is to help you get even better shots next time.:smile:

I would recommend cropping some off the top for starters.

The smile looks a bit forced. Frankly I'd rather see a serious expression than a "say cheese" smile. Some kids will be able to give you a natural smile very easily....for others it is nearly impossible. For those that flash their pearly whites easily and with confidence get the smile shots....for everyone else stick with a more serious or casual, but unsmiling photo.

Amazingly I tend to have better reaction from parents and students to the more serious shots than to the smiling photo's.....even when the smiles look very natural.

You ought to do more processing on this image also. Deliver a final product that makes the kid look even better than he does in real life and everyone will love you for it.

Ideally you should whiten the teeth slightly (don't go all the way to gray...just remove the yellow) with the sponge tool and use Woody's Beautiful Skin tutorial to get rid of the acne.

For future shots watch things like the shirt collar poking up in the back and have them tuck their shirts in a bit neater anywhere it will be visible....such as in the front here.

I know you were nervous about this shoot and I think that overall you did a good job.

I hope these tips help next time. Keep at it!!:smile:

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Hey no offense...it's why I put this picture out there...so i can get better. So many on this board have wayyyyy more experience than I will ever have, so trust me when I say, critique my picture and tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks for all the suggestions and I will definately use the sponge tool.

Thanks a whole bunch.

4. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Great...but don't forget to check out the skin tutorial to at least get rid of the most obvious acne.