1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Senior Pics - Warming up

Discussion in 'People' started by Mark-O, Aug 3, 2009.

1. My middle daughter will be a senior this year and she has wanted to get some ideas for her senior pics.
    She does not like to pose, so she is more comfortable with the outdoor casual shots.
    I do believe I want to use a tripod the next time.
    Here are a couple from last weekend in the backyard.

Both were taken with the 180mm @ F/5. SB600 on camera with small Lumiquest........

DSC_6471a.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 389593

2. The first one is fantastic. The pose and facial expressions are very natural. The background is rather attractive too.

The second one I don't like as much, mainly because of the more, almost too, intense gaze. It would seem to me you bumped the exposure of the eyes a little too much for my tastes.

3. Pretty lady - I call both photos very nice.

4. Excellent shots of a very compelling model!

Paul

5. Thanks for the input, Jonathon.........I did try a screen layer reduced to about 15% opacity over the eyes. Too much, now that you mention it.

Thank you, Charles!

Thanks Paul......

6. I like the pose on the first one. You've got the background nicely blurred, but the tree (I guess) just behind her is still distracting. I wonder if a slightly different angle would work better.

I agree about the tripod with that lens. Particularly since you were so close to the ground. You must have had quite a few that were slightly soft.

7. Gorgeous!

8. She is a very pretty girl and despite he lack of desire to pose she has done very well with these. I like them both. There is something about the second one that just does not look natural with the pose. Maybe if her head was tilted up a little. Looks a bit stiff bit as stated I still like.

9. Thanks, Mitch. Yes, it is a pine tree in the background.

Thank you.....

Thanks, Rhonda. Maddie is gone all week, so we'll go over the poses when she returns.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.