Senior Portrait attempt

Discussion in 'People' started by Noctifor, May 10, 2007.

1. Noctifor

Noctifor

May 26, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    well a friend of mine wanted me to take some pictures of her before she graduates college. This one turned out alright and after some pp look OK to me... maybe a bit too blurred in the face though. Portraits are not so much my forte so this was a bit outside the box for me, but I don't think it's too bad

492346657_4e06ad73d1_o_d.

2. Nice shot but I agree a bit soft in the face for me, looks a bit artificial the softness.

3. Logan

Logan Guest

nice shots, but as does geoff, i agree that the focus point is off...

4. I wonder if the focus point is the center of the photo-her necklace?
    Unlock focus point and manually select it.
    Otherwise very nice work and pretty girl

5. Joah, I think if you back off a little on the pp (on her face only) you will have an excellent portrait to give to her.

6. She's a beautiful model, Josh, and the pose/lighting are every nice. Unfortunately, the camera focused on her zipper, and your post-processing heriocs can't save the picture. Invite her back for another session, and make sure to place the focus on her eyes. It'll be fun to work with her again anyway.

7. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I agree with everyone else here...the lighting and mood is good, but the post processing on the face really detracts. You might want to start over and Czech out Woody's Skin tutorial here.

8. Noctifor

Noctifor

May 26, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for the advice... I DID overdue the surface blur on the face. :eek:
    I instead tried that skin tutorial (thanks Josh!) and the result is MUCH better.

493311561_428c9ed56f_o_d.

9. Very beautiful young lady there!

10. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Thats better...huge improvement. I'm sure she'll be pleased.

11. It's better, but I'm still of the opinion that you should re-shoot her senior portrait. It's too important a picture to be less than excellent. If her eyes were as sharp as the flora in the background, and the flora in the background was slightly out of focus like her face and hair, you'd have a winning composition here. Sorry to be so blunt, but you solicited critique and this is my best advice.

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    The focus is to the right of her hair. Good shot.