Senior Sesh: Ben

Thought this guy was going to be too "cool" for the session, but he turned out to be very fun... talkative and really into doing whatever I asked of him... I love being wrong about kids!!! :smile:

D2X, 50 14. or 17-55, SB-800 off camera for most shots... Please let me know if the exposures are too dim, I am having some monitor issues again. Also, his face was full of acne, so I hope I did a good job on it (there was so much it was hard to find spots to clone from, it was that bad!)
1216965199_JngoL-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1216966629_nDUe2-L.jpg

1216968752_bcye8-L.jpg

1216971041_BEbgQ-L.jpg

1216972386_SEbn7-L.jpg

1216972941_i4cth-L.jpg

1216973898_XsxKH-L.jpg

1216965627_R8EDS-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun,

With only seeing the first shot, he didn't look like one of those "too cool" kids. But when I scrolled down, I saw what you meant. but I think the pictures turned out great and both he and his mom should be happy! I can't decide which is my favorite but I really like the conversion on your B&W there at the end. Nicely done!

Nice job with the cloning too!

You did a very good job on these. I'm sure they were very happy. I think #4 stands out the most to me.

Shaun,

With only seeing the first shot, he didn't look like one of those "too cool" kids. But when I scrolled down, I saw what you meant. but I think the pictures turned out great and both he and his mom should be happy! I can't decide which is my favorite but I really like the conversion on your B&W there at the end. Nicely done!

Nice job with the cloning too!

Thanks, Scott! Yeah, I prolly should have started with one of the "cool" poses for that reason... :smile: Funny thing is, that look and those poses were all my ideas... I had seen that graffiti driving by and have been wanting to use it for some shots and this was perfect timing. I'm glad you don't notice the cloning... after staring at the pics for so long, it's hard for me to tell what is good and what shows the clone "pattern"... :tongue:

You did a very good job on these. I'm sure they were very happy. I think #4 stands out the most to me.
Thanks, Matt. They are very happy... just how happy I'll found out as soon as they order the pics! :biggrin:

I can well think Ben wants to have pictures wearing shades but I would always try to take the same shot w/ and w/o the shades,. be interesting if mum / family would buy anything with the sunglasses

Great set. I like them all.
Thanks, Mario!

I can well think Ben wants to have pictures wearing shades but I would always try to take the same shot w/ and w/o the shades,. be interesting if mum / family would buy anything with the sunglasses
Thank you. Yeah, the ones with the sunglasses are purely for Ben, unless his mom happens to like one, but I don't see her printing any of those... I knew that going into the shots. Hence, the shades for him and the non-shades for her. :smile: I know I could have done each shot with/without, but I didn't feel like having the redundancy of poses.

I think they turned out pretty well!
Thank you much!

Great set - cool and unleaded. You did a really nice job on the cloning - if you had not mentioned it there would be no way for me to tell.

#5 is my favorite here.

I would have asked to remove the blue bracelet. I find distracting.

The cool factor is present here, but I prefer to see eyes for these portraits. I'm sure his mom (who likely is paying) would like to see his eyes instead of those trendy glasses. I wonder if these kids will look back at these types of "cool" photos in 5 years and cringe.

Shaun,

I think you did so well on these because you captured both sides of him - the nice guy for family, and the "stud" for friends... Excellent work!

Great set - cool and unleaded. You did a really nice job on the cloning - if you had not mentioned it there would be no way for me to tell.

Thanks! Good to know. I always wonder about how much of the cloning I do is visible...

#5 is my favorite here.

I would have asked to remove the blue bracelet. I find distracting.

The cool factor is present here, but I prefer to see eyes for these portraits. I'm sure his mom (who likely is paying) would like to see his eyes instead of those trendy glasses. I wonder if these kids will look back at these types of "cool" photos in 5 years and cringe.

Thanks for commenting, Mitchell. I honestly didn't notice the bracelet until I went to load/process the shots. I really need a female assistant to notice details like that, b/c I sure don't! :redface: And I agree about the sunglasses shots, that's why we did more without for his mom... I just happened to post about an equal amount. His mom ended up liking a number of the "cool" shots, so, go figure! :tongue:

Shaun,

I think you did so well on these because you captured both sides of him - the nice guy for family, and the "stud" for friends... Excellent work!

Thanks, Jonny... you got the idea! :smile:

Hey Shaun, I actually really like #4. It's edgy, and I could totally see him using this as a Facebook profile picture or something.

Thanks, Mike. That's totally what I was thinking for most of those shots... pics he could use in just that way (with my logo on them, of course!!! :biggrin:).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom