Senior Session

I had another senior shoot this week. It was rainy all day so I was happy that it stopped for the evening. The cloud cover made great conditions for the pictures.

5713193029_f3969f8952_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5711626781_7a478ac00a_b.jpg

5712020766_6e41b1bea6_b.jpg

5710215352_c54e3d6cf5_b.jpg

5710194384_89ed7a1b39_b.jpg

5708755555_d25bc83e7e_b.jpg

5709291668_2776a9fcc2_b.jpg

Amber,

Cloudy days are my favorite days to shoot! The light is perfect.

I think you did a great job on these and #2 and #5 are my favorites. It appears in some of these that he is glowing. I wonder if you masked off and darkened the BG in post to make him pop a little more. While it is a good idea, try to feather your mask a little more and use a little bit smaller brushes so that he 'glows' less (#2 & #6).

Overall a great set! I am sure both he and his parents will like these. Thanks for sharing :smile:

Amber,

Cloudy days are my favorite days to shoot! The light is perfect.

I think you did a great job on these and #2 and #5 are my favorites. It appears in some of these that he is glowing. I wonder if you masked off and darkened the BG in post to make him pop a little more. While it is a good idea, try to feather your mask a little more and use a little bit smaller brushes so that he 'glows' less (#2 & #6).

Overall a great set! I am sure both he and his parents will like these. Thanks for sharing :smile:

Thank you. I see what you are saying. I will have to play around with that!

Most of these are pretty nice. #1, his head is nearly dead center, why all the space on top? It's wasted, crop it out right at that line. And I would clone out that white stain growing out of his head. Better still, notice it during shooting and move him away from it. #2 and #6 also have too much space about his head, not as much as 1. I'm not a fan of the dark vignetting, its a bit heavy for my taste.

#5 I get what you were going for, but IMO there is too much green wall and not enough subject. Turn the camera vertical, get closer to the wall, long lens, open up, blur the wall in front of and behind.

Most of these are pretty nice. #1, his head is nearly dead center, why all the space on top? It's wasted, crop it out right at that line. And I would clone out that white stain growing out of his head. Better still, notice it during shooting and move him away from it. #2 and #6 also have too much space about his head, not as much as 1. I'm not a fan of the dark vignetting, its a bit heavy for my taste.

#5 I get what you were going for, but IMO there is too much green wall and not enough subject. Turn the camera vertical, get closer to the wall, long lens, open up, blur the wall in front of and behind.

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your honesty. I agree with the things you are saying!

+1, Agree with Rodney. Crop 1 & 5. I like 2 & 7 best.

+1, Agree with Rodney. Crop 1 & 5. I like 2 & 7 best.

I sure appreciate the feedback. It is how we learn and grow as photographers. I have cropped a couple of the pictures and tried to fix the "glowing effect" on the one.

5716358861_2fb189970a_b.jpg

5716372105_85964f15fe_b.jpg

Big improvement on#1!

Try on #5 too, the 3 holes in wood on the left are distracting.

James

Is this better?

5716959706_c72fda90fc_b.jpg

Leave number 5 as is. I love the original. It was actually my favorite. Portraits are more than just a close up shot of the person in my opinion. The original has good depth. You can always clone out the holes.

Amber, I really like what you've done and the tweaks as a result of the critiques make your images even more pleasant. You have a wonderful vision, a talent you share with your mom, the compositions are very creative and the backgrounds are interesting without distracting from the subjects. I do want to emphasize how nice the finals are since you've re-edited the files. I am learning a lot from the images that you, your mom and others are posting, this is a wonderful learning opportunity for all who participate here.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom