Sensor Gel-Stick

I haven't done anything but use a rocket blower or the self-cleaner routine in about the last 4-5 years.
Shoot the sky or a white wall at f22 and see how it looks, then call me for a great deal on a Gel Stick :D
Blowers just blow the dust around.

Thanks for posting this, West. Like you, I haven't used mine in quite some time...probably two years or more. And I'm a bit reluctant to use it on my new (to me) Z6.
This is the disclaimer on Amazon.ca May not be suitable for "mirrorless" I assume it also applies to Nikon.

"Important information: According to a recent review, this item may not be for Sony Mirrorless Cameras. Apparently the sensors of those cameras are treated with a product that is not 100% for the stick and there may be some marks left behind"

Real Name
Ken St John
For some reason, my D750 was a bit of a dust magnet and I found I needed to clean the sensor every few months. I always found the "wet" cleaner systems to be far easier and more efficient than the gel stick or even blowing. Although my D750 was not included in any of the various recalls, perhaps mine was "lubricated" a little too well and that's why I had so many spots.

On the other hand, my Canon 6D2 seems to be far more resistant to dust bunnies, and I have only cleaned it once in the past year. That came after we returned from a vacation. I'll rack up at least some of this to the fact I rarely change lenses any more, as I find the 24-70 really stays connected most of the time.

Ken

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom