Series from the Rally of NZ (LARGE POST)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by StuSimmo, Apr 15, 2005.

1. A series of shots from last weeks Rally of New Zealand. This was on shakedown day (testing) and Harry Rovanpera had just hit a fence post (approx 6 inches thick). As you can see very little damage apart from a broken steering arm. He stopped right in front of me :lol:

original.
    View attachment 7391
    View attachment 7392
    View attachment 7393
    View attachment 7394
    View attachment 7395
    View attachment 7396
    View attachment 7397
    View attachment 7398
    View attachment 7399
    View attachment 7400
    View attachment 7401
    View attachment 7402
    View attachment 7403
    View attachment 7404

2. Nice series of shots, Simmo! All 3 lenses did well, but if you've presented them sequentially, you made quite a few lens changes over a short period in very dusty conditions.

3. Yep

Hi Frank, you are right. Used 3 different lenses to try and get some different shots. It was very very dusty so I walked away, waited for dust to settle and then changed. I figure thats why you buy an SLR and I know people who are afraid to change lenses but I think just do it and take the shots.

I was expecting some dust bunny's and had to clean the ccd today after taking some sky shots yesterday. Took 3 swipes to clean it fully :?

Thanks for the comments, STu

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;