Serious soccer action!!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by pbenedic, Apr 23, 2007.

1. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Hey--if I said 4 and 5 year olds, no one would look. These are with the D200 and 70-200VR. Coolest thing of the day: I discovered the "synchronize" button in ACR. Most of these were shot under the exact same conditions, so a minor RAW tweak to ONE PHOTO was all I needed to make >100 photos look better. How cool is THAT!! BTW--I also own the 18-200VR and have tried it on similar occassions--absolutely NO comparison. 70-200 reigns supreme. Let me know what you think.

original.

View attachment 92080

View attachment 92081

View attachment 92082

View attachment 92083

View attachment 92084

View attachment 92085

View attachment 92086

View attachment 92087

View attachment 92088

View attachment 92089

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All really cool shots:>)))

3. Very very nice well done

4. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Absolutely fabulous! I bet some soccer moms and dads would love these shots!
    Great sequence!

5. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks!!

Actually, I like to upload a lot of these, print them at Costco and give them to the coaches and parents at the end of the season. It's a win-win situation. They're thrilled and it makes me feel good also.

6. Great shots! Especially love the tongues, LOL

I created a DVD video at the end of the volleyball season. Parents, and especially the coach loved it. Sold it to several parents, gave it to the coach. Originally created for my wife's parents who snow bird in FL and couldn't be there for any of the games.

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

fantastic .... !! thanks for sharing them

8. These are all excellent! The expressions are priceless.

9. Those are great shots! I love the determined look on many of their faces. This is the first season in quite awhile that I haven't been coaching soccer, and I'm almost embarrassed to say, I don't miss it at all....I guess that means I really needed a break from it, lol!

I'm digging those SELCRA uniforms...they look more put-together than the hodge-podge of my city's parks & rec teams (but I suppose they cost more, too.) Ok, now I do miss coaching the little ones....but fall will be here before we know it :wink:!

10. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks, Sommer...

I know what you mean about coaching. My wife volunteered. She has never played soccer. She was actually reprimanded last year by several parents with extensive soccer backgrounds over minor rules issues--WITH 4 YEAR OLDS!!!
    These were the same parents who didn't respond when the call for volunteers went out.

Sorry, I'm ranting.

Thanks for the nice comments

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    After seeing these shots, I can only assume that the parents and grandparents will be throwing money your way for pictures of these cool kids. Very nicely done.

12. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks, Frank...

I think that I'd just give them away.
    Hey, I notice you have the 300VR. How does it compare to the 70-200--specifically for sports and animals? Can you hand hold it?

13. Fabulous shots! Kid with the glasses & tongue... GREAT ! Love the little guys!!

14. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you for all the kind comments. Can't wait til next weekend's games.

15. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    There is some serious fun going on in those shots....Nice work. Cute kids.

16. Hey Pat,

These are awesome! With shots like these we'll be calling you Mike Mac Jr. around here in a little bit. :smile: Great job shooting! Keep them coming!