Seriously thinking...

...about taking this old boy out for a spin.
I was going through my desk drawer and bumped into the only film camera I kept since going digital: an original FM.
Toyed with a few Ai-S lenses and came up with this combination.
The camera works flawlessly, but it hasn't seen a roll of film since ages.

Should be fun...Yeah, I think I will...

(Sony RX1r, available light only)
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good looking setup. I'm thinking you've got a handful of fun there. Enjoy it. (Love my FM and FM2 and FM2n )

I'm waiting for the film I bought to arrive so I can play around with mine as well. It has been many years since I shot film. Yup, it should be fun!

DSCN0293_zpsowwc5ylb.jpg

Thanks Frits. When I bought this kit I was worried that this lenses wouldn't any good. But it's in great shape. No fungus or scratches.

Shot some TXP with the Shen Hoa and Nikkor 300mm today up in the north Ga. Mtns. My Ftn and the 50mm 1.4 that I bought new back in late 60's is still going strong, had the foam around the mirror assembly replaced several years ago. Found some old Konica infrared in a cabinet that I'll try to play with this week. The Ftn is built like a tank, actually dropped it while rock climbing back in mid 70's, slight ding to the Ftn viewfinder and had to replace the filter ring on the 50mm but other than that all good.

_JW20992-web-b_zpsafy48lkr.gif

Shot some TXP with the Shen Hoa and Nikkor 300mm today up in the north Ga. Mtns. My Ftn and the 50mm 1.4 that I bought new back in late 60's is still going strong, had the foam around the mirror assembly replaced several years ago. Found some old Konica infrared in a cabinet that I'll try to play with this week. The Ftn is built like a tank, actually dropped it while rock climbing back in mid 70's, slight ding to the Ftn viewfinder and had to replace the filter ring on the 50mm but other than that all good.

_JW20992-web-b_zpsafy48lkr.gif
That was my dream camera in the 60's. The first SLR I had to settle for a used Pentax Spotmatic on layaway .

Latest threads

Top Bottom