Serrekunda hospital (maybe confronting pictures)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Pendragon, May 15, 2007.

1. Healtcare in the Gambia. I've tried to show reality of a hospital in an African country. I'm used to a lot of things but the visit to these facilities confronted me with the hard thruth of third world problems.

1. The maternity (full of mosquito's)

[​IMG]

2. A 'doctor' (8 weeks training!!) and his staff are ready for an eye operation.

[​IMG]

3. The men's ward for malaria cases. Do not mind the hygiene

[​IMG]

2. Very powerful images Jan. They speak volumes for the reality in this country, and unfortunately, in many other, what governments call, third world countries............

G

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Reality is really really tough.
    Thanks Jan for taking the time .
    I sure hope some of the cry babies will think for a bit before complaining all the time, and learn to be thankful.

Powerful images for sure

4. If this doesn't help some of us feel more grateful for what we have, then I don't know what can. Powerful shots.

5. Jan. thank you... Eye-opening moment for all who witness these conditions.

8 weeks training... Ouch.

6. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    They are very strong... I hope you gona use the pics to show other people than us that they need help to improve there health care system...