Servicing American Lenses in Canada

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mindspan, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Hi All,
    I have a 28-70 that I purchased from a fellow Nikon Cafe member which unfortunately has a bunch of crap in it which is visible when you take off both caps and look through it in the light. It is an American lens and I am up here in Ottawa, Canada.

My question is, will I have difficulty having this serviced at the main Nikon headquarters in Toronto? This isn't warranty service after all...

2. If it were a warranty issue you were looking to address then I suspect you may have a problem. Seeing how it isn't and you are paying for the service I cannot see any problem.

3. Just spoke with the service dept at Nikon Canada. They will fix it for a charge, but you must bring it in person according to them.
    905-625-9910

If need be, you can send it to me, and I'll take it up to them, I know the folks on the service counter quite well. I also have to take a run up there for my 5700 CCD replacement so it's not out of my way. PM me if you need help on this.

4. Thanks for your generous offer! I am only in Ottawa however and will just drive down there in person I suppose. They tell me repairs will take up to 3 weeks however... which really sucks as the 28-70 is going to be missed. Am getting my D200 cleaned at the same time (took a beating in Cambodia with all the dust) so I guess I'll be stuck with my D50 and FM for a little while.