1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Servicing American Lenses in Canada

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mindspan, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Hi All,
    I have a 28-70 that I purchased from a fellow Nikon Cafe member which unfortunately has a bunch of crap in it which is visible when you take off both caps and look through it in the light. It is an American lens and I am up here in Ottawa, Canada.

My question is, will I have difficulty having this serviced at the main Nikon headquarters in Toronto? This isn't warranty service after all...

2. If it were a warranty issue you were looking to address then I suspect you may have a problem. Seeing how it isn't and you are paying for the service I cannot see any problem.

3. Just spoke with the service dept at Nikon Canada. They will fix it for a charge, but you must bring it in person according to them.
    905-625-9910

If need be, you can send it to me, and I'll take it up to them, I know the folks on the service counter quite well. I also have to take a run up there for my 5700 CCD replacement so it's not out of my way. PM me if you need help on this.

4. Thanks for your generous offer! I am only in Ottawa however and will just drive down there in person I suppose. They tell me repairs will take up to 3 weeks however... which really sucks as the 28-70 is going to be missed. Am getting my D200 cleaned at the same time (took a beating in Cambodia with all the dust) so I guess I'll be stuck with my D50 and FM for a little while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.