Serving tea in "earthen" tea cups

I happened to find that earthen tea cups are extensively used for serving tea. Besides providing employment in the potteries where are made, they do not pollute like their plastic brethren. They are very sought after for use since users think that they are more hygenic than those made out of other materials like metal, bone china etc., which are reused after washing. What do you think?

DSCN0755_W.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
I'm no expert but they look to be the only thing "hygienic" going on in the photo. :biggrin:

Just kidding... I LOVE third world markets and I'd drink this guy's tea without hesitation. Of course, I'd probably pay for it dearly with some incurable intestinal disease, but who cares? What's life without spending a good part of it living on the edge. :wink:

Great shot!

I'm no expert but they look to be the only thing "hygienic" going on in the photo. :biggrin:

Just kidding... I LOVE third world markets and I'd drink this guy's tea without hesitation. Of course, I'd probably pay for it dearly with some incurable intestinal disease, but who cares? What's life without spending a good part of it living on the edge. :wink:

Great shot!

Woody, you'd be surprised, but tea served in earthen cups sold by these street vendors is very flavorful and extremely safe to drink because it is boiled 'to death' and there is no way any germs would survive.

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Woody, you'd be surprised, but tea served in earthen cups sold by these street vendors is very flavorful and extremely safe to drink because it is boiled 'to death' and there is no way any germs would survive.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. If anyone tried selling food in the US with a setup like this, he'd be fined for every conceivable thing, starting with not not wearing a hair net and god only knows what all.

SERENITY NOW! :redface:

Thanks Woody. India graduated from being a third wold country quite long back and it now one of the fastest growing economies in the world with still many problems. Many agree with the observation of SJ that the tea boiled at such high temparatures can seldom contain any germs or bacteria, which is exactly the reason for using the earthen cups. As the cups made of other material are washed and recycled the chances of contamination are more. In any case the resistance in human being is something and when it is developed nothing can happen to the interstines......

Latest threads

Top Bottom