Session with niece and nephew

These were shot with a D3s, 17-35 and 85 1.8 D, sb-900 using a lumiquest softbox III triggered by sb-700. Some of the processing involved the topaz suite. I used the afternoon sun as a second light. Towards sunset I put on a orange diffuser.

1216303536_Ezmoj-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1216236733_JM4sY-XL.jpg

1216240234_zjTM5-XL.jpg

1216248185_HSFMA-XL.jpg

1216249593_DCrVu-XL.jpg

1216256616_6SAUU-XL.jpg

1216253323_tXrqj-XL.jpg

8 The 85 had an oily film on it and caused a flare. Debating on cloning out.
1216270575_2E8P6-XL.jpg

1216272381_ReJ8Z-XL.jpg

1216281687_uhPDs-XL.jpg

And goofy shot
1216265473_L9Tij-XL.jpg

the oily film is a bit unfortunate but overall i really enjoyed the set. the first one and the 10th one are my favorites.

Wow Jon, very well done.
In fact, #8 is the one I like best. I like the dynamism of your niece manipulating her dress (vs. just standing there). The overall somewhat dreamy theme makes for it that the slight flare does not disturb me at all and maybe even enhances the result.

Wow Jon, very well done.
In fact, #8 is the one I like best. I like the dynamism of your niece manipulating her dress (vs. just standing there). The overall somewhat dreamy theme makes for it that the slight flare does not disturb me at all and maybe even enhances the result.

Thanks. This is why I left it because it looks like a light ray is shining through and it matches the light spot she is standing in.

The first few have some rather harsh shadows and hot spots due to the sun being still too bright, it seems, but starting with #5, the set becomes very nice, indeed... #5 is excellent, and the kids look really cute and playful! :smile:

The first few have some rather harsh shadows and hot spots due to the sun being still too bright, it seems, but starting with #5, the set becomes very nice, indeed... #5 is excellent, and the kids look really cute and playful! :smile:

Thanks. I'll have to watch for the harsh shadows next time.

Yep... in particular, what I'm referring to:
#1-the left side (the sunny side) of the pic is too bright, and there are a couple of (minor) bright spots on the right/opposite cheek, not bad ones though.
#2-the bright spot on the right part of the nose. Also, notice how there is shadow on each side of the face near the nose? I would try to eliminate that a bit more on one side or the other.
#3-good, except for the shadow of the girl on the boy's hair makes the bright part of his har very distracting.
#4- pretty decent now that I look at it again, but maybe a touch underexposed on the face? :smile:

Real Name
Tony Admana

I agree with ShaunK on the harsh shadows and hot spots mainly due to the bright sunlght. However, the rest of the pics look great. #7 & #10 are my faves.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom