sf love parade

Discussion in 'People' started by fks, Sep 27, 2005.

1. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    a bit of a disappointment compared to last year's love parade. this one didn't seem as lively or as large. it was more organized, more mainstream than last year's parade. i didn't make it to the after-parade party because of a prior commitment, but i heard that was a blast.

d2h + 70-200mm VR + sb-800

hula hoop girl
    [​IMG]

eggs and green man
    [​IMG]

one of these things is not like the other....
    [​IMG]

cowboys...
    [​IMG]

and indian
    [​IMG]

ain't that the truth
    [​IMG]

more images here

ricky

2. Very good colors and saturation Ricky.
    2nd one is a blast...
    Thanks for sharing...

:Love:

3. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    great shots Ricky! I'm guessing "Hula Hoop Girl" is prize worthy.

4. The quality of these images is really high. Good color saturation, excellent focus and good detail. San Francisco parades are certainly colorful as I well know having lived and worked there.

5. Ricky, the colors in the first few are just incredible. I think #3 is my favorite, both for content and your caption. It made me laugh! Thanks for sharing!

6. great shot's
    The second one has truly amazing colours !

thanks for sharing

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You got some really good stuff on your website, but isn't that the way events always go? They start out raw and homegrown, then the vendors move in and, not wanting to offend any customers, the whole thing becomes ... domesticated.

8. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi all-

thanks for the compliments :)

hi panoz and alex-

i took three shots of the green man, zooming in closer each time. this was the tightest shot and the one i liked the most.

hi angelo-

i'm glad you liked the hula hoop photo. i was surprised at the perspective, given that i had the lens at 70mm (it's a guess as i don't have access to EXIF information right now).

hi gordon-

the diversity of the city is wonderful for parades and festivals, and for photo ops in general. i miss the days when i had more free time and could spend a weekday wandering around the city with my camera.

hi kevin-

i caught that photo as i was leaving the parade staging area and knew i had to capture it. i wish the car wasn't in the frame, but i waited and that was the best i could get. the crowd around him was focused on the parade participants, and oddly enough didn't notice the costume.

hi chris-

you're probably right. the love parade is my first experience of an event that's in its infancy, and to see it go mainstream so fast is a surprise. heineken was the main sponspor of the parade, which shows you how commercial it's become.

again, thanks all for the kind remarks.

ricky

9. The second one is so colorful, that's the one i love the most.