shade is good light

Discussion in 'People' started by Joe Marques, Aug 18, 2005.

1. I was reminded today from this little shot of my youngest son that shade, with some naturally reflected light (off the house), is directional and fairly good quality. Notice the nice catchlights in the eyes. Doesn't hurt to have a cute model either (I guess I'm a tad biased). ;)

20D & 17-40L f4 @ 40mm - 1/80 @ f4:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking. Comments always welcome.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    He's a cutie alright Joe. We haven't seen much of him, or any of your kids lately. It's good to see him.

I see you have a 30mm. How do you like it?

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful shot Joe.

Nice light. Seems to match his mood.

How would it look cropped in tighter.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Darling child! Gosh, he's growing so fast. Love the lighting....so soft.

5. How nice to see a post from my friend. Your little boy is darling and the lighting soft and diffused. Well done.

6. Thanks Chris. I haven't shot nearly enough this summer. The combo of horrible heat and some home renovation has left me with nowhere to shoot. :( The fall will be a different story.

The Sigma 30 1.4 is a winner. Center sharpness is superior. Edge sharpness is good enough and very good stopped down. It's a perfect substitute for the more expensive Nikon or Canon 1.4's. Especially given the limited use of such a lens.

7. Thanks so much Gale. You're right on the money with the crop idea. It will look much better with a tight crop. Thanks.

8. Thank you Leigh. He's growing too fast for me. He's our last "baby" and I don't want the baby part to end. :)

9. Greetings my friend. :) Thanks as always for commenting.