shadows on a chicken house

Yesterday afternoon I was outside playing with my children when I noticed the shadows on our chicken house (which we no longer use). The light was extremely harsh as it was very late in the day, but I rather liked the effect that it produced. Left me know what you think...I only had time to snap the one shot, but maybe this weekend if the light cooperates I'll be able to try again...

25254009-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thank you to everyone for your comments. I really enjoy trying something new...for me this really was a step outside my comfort zone, but I know that when I post here the feedback I get will be positive. I find that the more I "try" to be creative, the more I find myself "being" creative. Does that make sense? I see something I want to capture and it doesn't always come out the way I intended, but I figure if I share, then someone might see what I was going for. To me, that's success. Again, thanks for taking the time to comment...it is greatly appreciated.

Leigh when you see something that looks nice, take a picture of it. With time you will gain so much insight as to what works and what don't.

Leigh - never worry about capturing what your eye sees! Just shoot from the heart and the rest will take care of itself. A famous golfer from this part of the world, Gary Player, was once asked why he was always so lucky with his golf...He looked up and said, "you know, the more I practice, the luckier I get." If it appeals, push the shutter..and that's nicely seen, BTW.
Best
Peter

PGB

Nice capture baby. I can only imagine that the boys were running all over the place when you got this one. You can see the wood detail on the wall and that makes even better.

Love ya,

Well. I'd like to say that it's a "great capture" and all of that...but for an experiment I'm sure you weren't really hoping for something extraordinary.

While pattern provides some very compelling oppurtunities for photography I'd say that you may want to include a subject. Perhaps a portrait of your children with the shadow as the backdrop?

Keep experimenting.

ut ohhhhhhh

Leigh,

did you see the challenge topic this time >>>>

Go get those shadows Gal

Latest threads

Top Bottom