shanghai over the past few years

Ive been lucky enough to visit shanghai every year for the last 5 nearly 6 years going for between 2-6 weeks each time(3 on average).
Sadly the first year we went I wasn't into my photography so was using a point and shoot and have lost all the pic's,we visited suzhou and huzhou that time as well. Since then we haven't left the city much due to having two kids now.

Heres a few from over the years, will post a few then add more over the next few days. Hope fully you will se an improvement in my photography not just due to the better kit.

china by pmac1985, on Flickr

path to the city by pmac1985, on Flickr

pearl tower SH by pmac1985, on Flickr

shaghai expo 2010 germany by pmac1985, on Flickr

the bund by pmac1985, on Flickr

Great set pmac. Thanks for posting. Please post more.

I see that you were there for Expo 2010... that was pretty interesting. I was there the week before the last. I have quite a few photos as well.

I really like that view of the Bund from across the river. Were you shooting that for the riverside, or higher up in a building. I've seen nice shots at night, but I was never there at the right time.

Where were the last river scenes taken from?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.
The expo was defiantly an experience and one Im not sure i would like to do again, was far two busy for me, I'm not into queuing for hours to see something for half and hour at most.Im not sure on the exact date we went but think it was either the second or last week.I actually just went to the car expo this year, but only for a few hours,it was much the same.

The last and third last were taken in zhouzhang, the third last was from on the bridge in the last. The other two from the water town's were Xitang I think.

The Bund shot was from inside a restaurant on the top floor at the back of the large shopping centre in Lujiazui. Its quite expensive there though but her dad took us for her mums birthday. Those were through the floor to roof glass windows inside without a cpl :0
They have and open decking I found out this year but it has glass walls that are abit dirty,so i just stood on a table to see over :). Was over cast that day though with lots of fog.

Heres a few more from there, they may even let you use the decking if you buy a drink or for free,was no one on it.

The first two are from the same time as the one I posted the others from my last visit there.I realise I need to do a proper pano next time not just one shot.

DSC_1319 by pmac1985, on Flickr

DSC_1324 by pmac1985, on Flickr

The bund and below by pmac1985, on Flickr

Sailing by the Bund by pmac1985, on Flickr

Bund foggy by pmac1985, on Flickr

Bund BW by pmac1985, on Flickr
This is the balcony(blue glass)

portrait with a view by pmac1985, on Flickr

Wow! That's a good spot. Too bad I'm not going back.

As you mentioned, weather could be a problem for photos across the river. You know better than me, but during my limited stays, I had just a few periods of great visibility. It was better at night, but still got that hazy veil for shots across the river.

Thanks

The city haze/pollution can be quite bad. This year there was a lot of hazy, probably due to it being so hot as well.
yeah its a very fast changing city, so much has changed in the few years I've been. The speed that things are built is something to behold.

here are some more for today

DSC_1976-2 by pmac1985, on Flickr

DSC_1930 by pmac1985, on Flickr

DSC_1915 by pmac1985, on Flickr

DSC_1173 by pmac1985, on Flickr
DSC_1164 by pmac1985, on Flickr

DSC_1085 by pmac1985, on Flickr

DSC_0881 by pmac1985, on Flickr

pearl tower by pmac1985, on Flickr

china flats by pmac1985, on Flickr

having a look at these I really need to re edit some of them

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom