Share Share your Mobile Device photos

There has been a lot of discussion about cell phones lately on the cafe. It seems to me that there are two camps of people here....those who love them, and those who find them totally utilitarian for phone calls and messages. I use mine for a lot of things, and until a little more than a week ago I had the iphone 7plus, which I had used for the past three years. I never used my previous iphones much for photos.....mostly I just took pictures of items in stores or other things I needed to have an image of for reference. But the new iphone 11 has got has such improved cameras over any phone I have ever had before. I thought it might be fun for those of us who use our phones to take photos to share our phone photos here. I'm sure we will all agree that our "real" cameras are much better. But we don't always have that "real" camera with us, but usually always have our phones. It will be fun to see what we can do with these cameras (since we have photography and post processing skills) that might set us apart from the general public.

I'll start with this one. It was taken in a very dark restaurant. There is some smearing from the automatic noise reduction, but it's not a bad photo. My granddaughter looked so cute today, I was glad I was able to get a photo on my phone since I didn't bring my camera.

fullsizeoutput_151f.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A couple of oldies that have a lot of sentimental value to me.

I didn't take this one, but it is of the lifeflight helicopter that was preparing to take my very sick grandson to Primary Children's Hospital. I would have never seen this if someone hadn't had a cell phone with them. PS...his life was saved by this flight.
IMG_0387 1.jpg

Canon Beach
IMG_0303 1.jpg

I was too scared to climb through the arch and up to this view, so Greg took my phone with him and got a photo for me to see what the view looked like.
IMG_2313.jpg

One of my favorite photos ever!! Taken when my Grandson and I were on a little hike together. All I had was my phone.
IMG_2434.jpg

I like to take pictures from windows when I travel - here are a few
IMG_0162.JPEG
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0443.JPEG
IMG_0106.jpg

A couple of oldies that have a lot of sentimental value to me.

I didn't take this one, but it is of the lifeflight helicopter that was preparing to take my very sick grandson to Primary Children's Hospital. I would have never seen this if someone hadn't had a cell phone with them. PS...his life was saved by this flight.

Canon Beach

I was too scared to climb through the arch and up to this view, so Greg took my phone with him and got a photo for me to see what the view looked like.

One of my favorite photos ever!! Taken when my Grandson and I were on a little hike together. All I had was my phone.
View attachment 1647370

This is an epic shot...something he will cherish

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Great thread Terri, as you are aware, I am doing the Octoberfest daily challenge with my Ipad. Those images above are a few from the last 10 years. Middle is my spouse Diane napping on a cold winter day with our parakeet.

Last edited:
Since I tend to shoot quite a lot these days with my iPhone and have just gotten the iPhone 11 Pro, I will have fun joining in on this thread! The last several images I shared on the Collective Shoot "Wheels and Circles" thread were shot with my iPhone XS.... Right now I'm on the other computer while my main workhorse is doing a backup so after that's finished I'll go in there and grab a couple of the images I shot today with my new iPhone and drop them in here.... I haven't really done too much yet with the new phone since I was busy most of the day yesterday and a lot of today and only just got the thing on Wednesday.

Interesting, shooting images with the iPad..... I have an iPad mini 5 and the 12.9 third-generation iPad Pro, but haven't shot anything with the cameras on either of them! Should experiment.....

OK, here are a couple I shot today when talking a walk on the boardwalk around our lake. The images aren't anything special or creative, just sort of fun to capture since I had my iPhone with me. One of the neighbors really gets all into the Hallowe'en thing and has her deck and her patio decorated already:

Ready for Hallowe'en.jpeg

Silvery, Shiny  Pumpkin.jpeg

Back again -- this time with a shot taken with my iPad mini 5 after being inspired by Wade! Should've remembered that both my iPads have nice cameras/lenses in them, too, but for some reason I had long since forgotten about that and instead just automatically reach for the iPhone when wanting to grab a quick shot.

My current computer desk setup (for once it was fairly tidy, not a bunch of papers scattered around!) -- with 15" 2018 MBP on stand with matching Space Grey Magic Mouse II and Magic Keyboard. The 12.9" iPad Pro lives on the computer desk, too, primarily for easy use when emails come in or there's a big news break. With Face ID, I can quickly glance at notifications and such without interrupting whatever I am doing on the computer, especially if I am in the middle of editing images. The two silver trivets are waiting for me to put external drives on to do monthly backups and such, which is today's project when I get to it...... Because this computer desk is glass, and glass conducts heat, I feel it is a good idea to keep all external drives, whether HDD or SSD, elevated with lots of air flowing freely beneath them when they're in use.

When I'm seated at the computer, to my right I can look out the sliding glass door and see the lake, the ducks, the geese and the occasional GBH.....

2018 Computer Desk Setup 2.jpeg

Last edited:
And now for something entirely different.....

I'd forgotten about Photo Booth and the fun that can be had with it!
Introducing Psychedelic Sony:

Psychdelic Sony.jpeg

Back again -- this time with a shot taken with my iPad mini 5 after being inspired by Wade! Should've remembered that both my iPads have nice cameras/lenses in them, too, but for some reason I had long since forgotten about that and instead just automatically reach for the iPhone when wanting to grab a quick shot.

My current computer desk setup (for once it was fairly tidy, not a bunch of papers scattered around!) -- with 15" 2018 MBP on stand with matching Space Grey Magic Mouse II and Magic Keyboard. The 12.9" iPad Pro lives on the computer desk, too, primarily for easy use when emails come in or there's a big news break. With Face ID, I can quickly glance at notifications and such without interrupting whatever I am doing on the computer, especially if I am in the middle of editing images. The two silver trivets are waiting for me to put external drives on to do monthly backups and such, which is today's project when I get to it...... Because this computer desk is glass, and glass conducts heat, I feel it is a good idea to keep all external drives, whether HDD or SSD, elevated with lots of air flowing freely beneath them when they're in use.

When I'm seated at the computer, to my right I can look out the sliding glass door and see the lake, the ducks, the geese and the occasional GBH.....

View attachment 1647422
Your setup looks so nice!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Oh boy! Connie is on a great roll! Nicely done, love the setup shot and the acid style shot! ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom