1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sharing

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Aug 16, 2008.

1. 352886370_frjfM-O.
    NIKON D200    ---    155mm    f/9.0    1/250s    ISO 200

352886389_HznN9-O.
    NIKON D200    ---    270mm    f/9.0    1/250s    ISO 200

2. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Lovely shots!

Hardly ever see a butterfly in my garden.

3. great shots
    great caption
    the light and colors... wonderful

4. Thanks, Mart and Greg. These were shot in midday light with the 70-300VR on the D200.

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Very nice shots, Jim, of an uncommon (in my yard) event.

6. Thanks, Bob. These thistle flowers are along the trail through the National Forest about 1/2 mile from my house that I walk daily. Today there were about four of those butterflies competing for space on the blossoms, but I didn't have my camera. I went back with the camera about an hour later and there was just this one, but he was very patient with me. I kept my distance, using the 70-300VR.

7. Beautiful shots of the Aphrodite Fritillary! How nice to come back and find one waiting to pose.

8. Thanks, Birgit. And thanks for naming it for me! My wife and I were stumped, but we then don't claim to know anything about butterflies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.