Shark Week Megalodon

Horrible program... Sharkzilla too.
They need to stop making these dumb made up movies and just do great documentaries like they used too

what about Sharknado that was a real winner.

I know what you mean about doing documentaries. Same can be said for the History Channel or MTV. Both are more about reality TV now then what they used to be..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today was just as bad. Imagine a parody of Swamp People - with sharks. NatGeoWild has been running more thoughtful shark programming in the same time slot - a good alternative.

My wife watched it and we taped it. I asked how it was and she said the same thing. Over hyped and same footage repeated. She was disappointed in it. For that reason I never watched the tape.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
So we can now safely say that Shark Week has jumped itself?

Shark Week programming went to crud several years ago, unfortunately.

So we can now safely say that Shark Week has jumped itself?

Shark Week programming went to crud several years ago, unfortunately.
I would say so. The voodoo shark show was ridiculous. They build up a mystery about the shark but everyone knows it's about a bull shark. I just don't like the premise where the supposed investigators are out to solve the mystery. It has been solved already. Just do a documentary on sharks in freshwater. No need to have amateur hour where you put these guys in ridiculous situations and faux drama.

I was actually ****** off at the ending of Megalodon. I understand they are trying to make money and think of new ways to entice the viewer to continue to watch, but it has gotten ridiculous. A fake massive whale just disappears with no cameras on it? The cage mysteriously disappears after a huge burst of water. Do they honestly think anyone would believe it for a minute? It really ruined shark week for me....

I was actually ****** off at the ending of Megalodon. I understand they are trying to make money and think of new ways to entice the viewer to continue to watch, but it has gotten ridiculous. A fake massive whale just disappears with no cameras on it? The cage mysteriously disappears after a huge burst of water. Do they honestly think anyone would believe it for a minute? It really ruined shark week for me....
I dont think they expected you to buy into it. Anyone watching would know it was a fake production. I guess what gets me is Shark Week has now become Sy Fy monster of the week.

I did in fact like "Return of Jaws" documenting the Great White Sharks that occupy the waters of Chatham Mass during the summer months in Cape Cod.
We were up there last year staying at a friends beach cottage in Dennisport and took a drive over one morning. There were hundreds of seals in the inlet... pretty much a smorgasboard for Great Whites ....
You didn't see my fat a$$ going in the waters there lol

I watched the first 10 minutes and when I realized it was fake I turned on the baseball game. What really got me was they made no effort to inform people that it was fake. Just report real science please. If I want fake science ill invent it myself. LOL.

I dont think they expected you to buy into it. Anyone watching would know it was a fake production. I guess what gets me is Shark Week has now become Sy Fy monster of the week.
You'd be surprised how many people thought it was real. Its a travesty that Discover has sunk this low. Stuff like this is one of the reasons I don't pay for cable TV.

Yes it was a real junk. But the two shows about New England were good. Shark week almost killed my wife when I told her about Voodoo Shark with my fake accent she could stop laughing.

Now having sailed the Chesapeake for a long time, Bull Sharks are no joke. When the Eagle Rays were in I didn't swim because the Bulls move up the bay (In August if I remember right). Several have been caught at the Bay Bridge (Annapolis).

When the Eagle Rays were in I didn't swim because the Bulls move up the bay (In August if I remember right). Several have been caught at the Bay Bridge (Annapolis).
The Eagle Rays were very previlant the last couple of weeks up and down the Jersey Shoreline (Point Pleasant to Seaside specifically). They are quite the sight when swimming in packs of 10 or more just yards from shore.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom