Sharp Bikes, blurred backgrounds. How did I go?

A few from today with a (much) slower ss

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

lots more here

They are better . . but you are making things harder for yourself by shooting into the sun . . Try having the sun behind you, lighting your rider rather than having to adjust things to get the detail in your shots . . :wink:

They are better . . but you are making things harder for yourself by shooting into the sun . . Try having the sun behind you, lighting your rider rather than having to adjust things to get the detail in your shots . . :wink:
Agreed, and if I could get the track orientation changed it would be easy!! Unfortunately the track orientation doesn't allow for shooting with the sun at my back. The best shots (inside of the corner) will always be into the sun. Can move outside but so far from the action that I need a 500mm lens to get in tight, and I am still on the "outside". Going to try a ND and CP filter, might even need to stack them to reduce the light down. It is very frustrating, but on this track all the good shots are into the sun :frown:

Still I'm very happy with the progress I'm making, the Nikon gear, especially the 70-200 VR1 sure delivers! :smile:

Agreed, Can move outside but so far from the action that I need a 500mm lens to get in tight.
You have a 200-400mm lens . . stick a 1.4 or 1.7 tc on it . . with the amount of sun light you have down there you will have no problems . . :wink:

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Shooting a historic mc event tomorrow. Will experiment with a CP on the 70-200. The sun is going to be strong and glary whether I shoot into it or with it. It's all good fun! :D

Latest posts