Sharp Dressed Man

He got a new suit, and "asked" if I would take his photos. I was happy to oblige.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cute. I think you're coming along wonderfully Jeff. I love the smile in the second one.

Thanks Seneca....
I've got even more appreciation for you and the other talented photographers here now. Portraits are no where NEAR as easy as they might look. Not to me...
Thanks for taking time to comment, look.

Color and lighting look better but it looks like he's pretty close to the background. Definitely getting better.

Like me, you need to work on posing. This would have been nice if he was standing with one hand in his pocket and another on a rail or something.

Advise: Go to the bookstore and check out GQ, Teen and other magazines. Not necessarily for the lighting but for the posing, they are a great FREE resource (unless you buy one). This has really opened my eyes into what folks want today, especially the teen magazines.

FWIW, and this is just me being an honest friend, the posing table and background look kind of WalMart'ish. I think you can do better by just posing him in a room with a decent background. Bookcases, fireplaces... anything. Just shoot tight and nuke the backgrounds with the lens. Just like football only different :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dennis

Appreciate the comments Dennis.

As for posing a 5 year old, that's tough enough to get him to sit still this long.:smile:

Good ideas though.

I'm kinda limited on my "studio" right now, so I may have to manipulate Wal-Mart look for awhile, till I get better at lighting posing. Besides, I don't think I've gotten as good as Wal mart photography yet. :smile:

Just gonna keep practicing, learning...and asking for tips and advice, which is much appreciated here.

Thanks

You can do quite a bit of cool stuff with a simple grey or black background.

This is a black paper background with a red and blue gel on the background.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom