Sharp ?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by equetefue, Dec 23, 2005.

1. equetefue

equetefue

Sep 29, 2005
    Kissimmee, FL
    I know this is a stupid question but I believe that it is in my best interest to ask.

I hear people talking about sharp lenses, and testing for sharpness. How do I determine that ? I mean, is there a trick for that ? are there specific things to look out when examining pictures ? :confused:

2. Seems to me the only way to measure it by eye is relative to another image.

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi equetefue,one thing you can do {store willing} is to try different lenses on a tripod shooting the same subject from the exact same spot at different aperatures then take the shots home and look at them on your computer.The trick is remembering which was which so you have to write it down as you do it.I was lucky enough to find a Mom and Pop shop who will let me do this anytime I wish.Actually they suggested I do it.
    A smart business indeed because now they let me give them my money on a regular basis.
    By the way its NOT a stupid question at all. I think its safe to say all of us have wondered this very question at one time or another.

4. marc

marc Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have been reading posts about sb800, d2x sharpness

so i just snapped a few of nothing sb800 in ttl, d2x manual
    1/30 f6

low contrast and just some touchup in pp, basically out of camera

wb flash
    +1 a little cooler