1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sharpness or camera shake?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Toivo, Sep 10, 2008.

1. I am looking for opinions of the sharpness of this photo of my daughter. I shot it with my D70 80-200 Tokina 2.8 lens. 1/400 F5. I am having a hard time getting my photos to be as sharp as ones I see on here. Am I shaking when I shoot or do I need to learn more about PSP x2 and sharpening. I processed this one using high pass sharpening with a radius of 2 and strength of 50 blend mode hardlight. If anyone has any tips for sharpening with PSP x2 I would appreciate any help.

2847112668_c61d8f31b8_b.

2. It looks like focus to me, the lines behind her feet appear quite sharp while her feet are not.

3. Wileec

Wileec Guest

I would tend to agree, but it's a bit hard to tell what is in focus in the shot. I would expect that lens to be fairly sharp - especially in a day time shot in good light.

4. Thanks for the quick reply. That was another thought I had. I know the D70 is a bit slow for focusing. I plan on trying AF-C next time and also use single area and use the center.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.