Sharpness !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Again playing with the "physalis"... laid on a transparent sheet of plexiglas, over a black background, i tried to get the optimum sharpness out of them smile. ! I think i've got it !!!

D70 with Tamron SP90 - 1:500 @ f/38 with flash - ISO 200 RAW

53467676.Sharpness.

Cheers,
    J-P.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2005
  2. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Yes you nailed it

Beautiful.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful J_P Just beautiful.
    Every detail is great.

4. Beautiful! You have to feel good about this one. JP!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. Perfect J-P...I like the sharpness, detail and the orange color.

6. I would say that you have done an excellent job with this image. The plexiglass over a black background is really neat.

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I know youre happy with that one.

8. Excellent work. I love the staging (the plexiglass, etc.).

9. Hi Gordon ! in fact, i'm not 100% satisfied of the reflection, because, as you might have noticed, the fruits reflected on the transparent plexiglas gets reflected TWICE !!! I guess that EACH SIDE of the plexiglas reflects the light, and as i was shooting at an angle, the two reflections are slightly displaced, so one can see a DOUBLED reflection ! I will try to buy some BLACK plexiglas, hoping that then, only the OUTER surface will reflect the subjects laid on it :confused: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

10. Hi Beezle !

I guess that the last part of your post disapeared, as i received the e-mail confirmation of your post as:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Beezle has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Sharpness ! - in the Macro/Flowers and Greenery forum of NikonCafe.com.

This thread is located at:
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=58081&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Excellent work. I love the staging (the plexiglass, etc.). How did you light it? Diffused flash?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...so, to answer your question, here's a pic of the set-up i used for this shot:

[​IMG]

As you can see, i used the D70 on-board flash (with several layers of tracing paper scotch-taped over it) to trigger an SB80-DX (on the left) beamed toward the subject (thru a white plexiglas sheet), and another flash (Vivitar 283 + slave trigger on top right) bounced to the ceiling !

Cheers,
    J-P.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017