Critique She did it again: another broken wine glass

To be fair, I should mention that the reason it is my wife who breaks all the wine glasses is that she refuses to let me clean them. She's correct that I would break even more than she breaks.

Setup
The tabletop is transparent glass and the background is translucent vellum. A small continuous-light lamp behind the background was facing the subject and camera. The camera was tilted (enough that even I knew it was intentional :D )

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm surprised I never thought of it earlier. I just now checked my catalog and verified that this is my very first image made with this titled composition.
It's not the actual tilt that makes it interesting though. It's the combination of tilt and the isometric horizontal line together.

If my wife wants to use the china and crystal, SHE washes them.
I am mentally not able to deal with breaking a $100+ plate/cup/glass.
I broke a coffee cup from an old set and I was cursing for days. Because among other things, you can't replace them, at least not easily.

Corelle or Lexan is my style.
Use it and don't worry about it.

When I buy kitchen cups/plates/bowls, I try to buy MORE than I need, expecting to break some over the years.
I recently chipped one of my favorites mugs, on the rim, so it was no longer safe to use. I only cursed for a day. But at the time, I did not buy enough spares, and now it is no longer available. So I will soon have to look for a replacement set. sigh.

Beautiful work, Mike!
Both by the "sculptor" and by the photographer :)

Excellent illustration of the saying 'shards bring good luck': another great image.

The tilt definitely works for me as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom