She Hates Her Photo Being Taken....

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by soxOZ, Jun 30, 2007.

1. We Have 2 Golden Retrievers Mac & Maesie, and Maesie just hates having her Photo taken... Everytime I pick up the camera she gets this completely different look on her face, her ears go back... Funny really, but just plain hard to get a shot of her. I think it started when I got my 24-85 AF-S lens, and the only thing I can think of is that the AF-S on this lens must have given a high frequency sound during focus that she didn't like, and now she doesn't like it anytime I pick up the camera...

Anyway, enough of the history, but I got this shot yesterday, and really liked it...
    I was going to crop some of the black on the right side, what do you think, any thoughts..???

D50 & 18-70 f/3.5-4.5

677172393_57e27650f5_b.

This is a shot of Maccers, he on the other hand loves his photo being taken....

D80, 80-200 f/2.8...
    677172551_8d8254aff1_b.

Thanks for looking & hope you enjoy the photos...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
  2. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

The light on #2 is GREAT!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful light on the second I agree. Beautiful goldie

First one I would lighten up a tad.
    Nice pic

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    What Gale said. Both look like beautiful dogs. BTW could you use a bit larger font, Thanks.

5. Wally, you must be in Golden heaven with those 2 beautiful dogs! And what a gorgeous light in the second image!

I have one Golden myself and she is also a bit difficult to take pictures of, as she tends to walk up right to the lens for a close "look" (or is it "lick" :smile:), usually way inside the minimum focus distance...

6. Thanks Gastheer,
    I originally didn’t think that this shot would work as the sun was low and very bright giving very dark shadows on his face, but the end result turned out OK…

Thanks Gale.
    I know that the 1st shot looks a little dark, and I actually did darkened it up from the original as I liked the effect and it looked good at full size, but I guess it looses that effect when reduced in size for the web and just looks like a small dark photo. Thanks, and I appreciate your thoughts…

Thanks Troy,
    Sorry about the size of the font, but I seem to trouble as it automatically selects that size and I forget to check sometimes…. I resized it, hope that’s better mate…. Thanks for your thoughts on the photos….

Thanks Philippe. Yeah, these 2 guys are just great… I know what you mean about how difficult it can be taking photos of them. It’s so frustrating when they are just right for the shot, and they get up so quick and come over to you…. LOL..
    As I said earlier, Maesie just shies away as so as I pull the camera out, but Maccer’s must have been a film star in his former life as he just love posing for the shots…. Thanks….

Here’s one of Maesie but not so dark….
    175006910_f0949bf764_b.

7. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    They're beautiful!!!

8. Thanks Lisa,
    We think so too..:smile:. I just love some of the looks & expressions these guys have at times. I'm sure I'm going to wear out my camera taking photos of them....:biggrin: